x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 24955/3
Hi, I signed up your service and am using the Online Backup software. The progress bar indicates the upload speed is about 150KB/sec, which seems to be suspicious as my ADSL can only upload at 40KB/sec. Moreover, sometimes upload seems even much faster, occasionally the speed goes as high as 3MB/sec. I have not seen any problem yet, but could you explain how is this possible? Is there any problem in the calculation?

4/28/2007 8:47:32 AM

Yes, it is true that upload could be very fast dependent on the type of files and the specific files you are uploading.

DriveHQ Online Backup and FileManager software has many technologies to speed up uploading and downloading. Among these technologies are: (1) Compressed data transfer. If your file can be compressed, e.g. Text, Word, Excel or Database files, upload speed can be generally 3 to 9 times faser. (2) Caching: when files have been uploaded or downloaded before, the can be cached and skipped, so it results a super fast performance; (3) Resuming of interrupted uploads and downloads. When uploading/downloading a very large file, this feature makes it very reliable. (4) MagicUpload: upload could be extremely fast in some special cases when MagicUpload can be used. MagicUpload is a patent-pending technology developed by DriveHQ.

4/28/2007 4:14:50 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  4/28/2007 4:14:50 PM

Yes, it is true that upload could be very fast dependent on the type of files and the specific files you are uploading.

DriveHQ Online Backup and FileManager software has many technologies to speed up uploading and downloading. Among these technologies are: (1) Compressed data transfer. If your file can be compressed, e.g. Text, Word, Excel or Database files, upload speed can be generally 3 to 9 times faser. (2) Caching: when files have been uploaded or downloaded before, the can be cached and skipped, so it results a super fast performance; (3) Resuming of interrupted uploads and downloads. When uploading/downloading a very large file, this feature makes it very reliable. (4) MagicUpload: upload could be extremely fast in some special cases when MagicUpload can be used. MagicUpload is a patent-pending technology developed by DriveHQ.

Cool. Yes I noticed sometimes the upload speed is not fast. But overall, I am very impressed, you guys really have good stuff here!

4/28/2007 5:09:21 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  4/28/2007 4:14:50 PM

I just did some testing after reading this post. Yes, it is very fast (>100KB/sec!) uploading a big word document using FileManager. However, when uploading/downloading a jpg image, the speed is as you said at about 40KB/sec. I don't care too much about the download speed as my Cable Modem is lightning fast.

4/28/2007 8:29:36 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003