x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 25027/3
As reported in another post DriveHQ Online Backup Edition crashes on some machines when the users attempts to create a task. This happens during the "Loading Folder List" operation. I disabled anti-virus, etc... with no improvement. This happens on some but not all of our machines which have pretty much the same OS, anti-virus etc. I'm not sure, but I think it tends to happen more with users that have many files and directories within "My Documents." In the most recent case there was 3.7 Gig in My Documents. I wish we could solve this so I can get all my users backed up.

1/8/2009 1:13:57 PM

If the crash happens consistently (restart and if crashes again), then it is almost certainly anti-virus or network security software problem. Please note some anti-virus software / security software requires reboot after you have changed settings.

You can also test to backup a small test folder with a few files only. If it works, you can try to locate if a particular file / folder that causes the crash.

1/8/2009 3:56:18 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  1/8/2009 3:56:18 PM

If the crash happens consistently (restart and if crashes again), then it is almost certainly anti-virus or network security software problem. Please note some anti-virus software / security software requires reboot after you have changed settings.

You can also test to backup a small test folder with a few files only. If it works, you can try to locate if a particular file / folder that causes the crash.

Unfortunately the application begins examining the directory structure before the user has an opportunity to deselect.

1/14/2009 12:31:37 PM

I moved the user files out of my docs to the desktop. I then moved them back. It solved the issue on several machines I tested. It must reindex or something.

1/14/2009 1:08:40 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003