x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 39358/7
Hi,
I've been using driveHQ frequently and have had no problems except on one of my laptops.  Everything works perfect with the file manager except for when I make changes to a ms office document and choose save option when closing the document,  all other computers I use on my drivehq account will automatically save the changes on the server document but this particular laptop does not.  Also,  when I open the the MyDriveHq shortcut on this computer, the folders  ("My Storage", "DriveHQ Share", "DriveHQ Control Panel"...)  that are supposed to link to their respective files do nothing when clicked on.  On all my other comps. when clicked on, these links work fine.  I have norton IS 2009 installed on that comp and have disabled the protection with no success.  Also uninstalled and reinstalled file manager 4.0 about 6 times with no luck.  One thing ive noticed on this computer is that I've NEVER had the dialog box appear that askes if I want changes made to also be sent to the server.. (somewhere along those lines).  All the other comps had asked me that the first time I've made a change to a document.  Any Ideas???

2/28/2009 8:54:27 PM

aeromark08,
I saw no reply so I thought I would try to help.
The only time this happens to me is when my firewall stops it from working. When it does stop it I get the same exact problem you described.
Do the other computers Norton IS 2009?
You could try making you computer boot with Norton IS 2009 disabled using Services or MS Config. Sometimes Norton's products are difficult to stop from interfering.

3/5/2009 2:38:22 PM

Sorry for taking so long to reply. We have heard similar reports, but unfortunately it is very hard for us to duplicate or trouble shoot due to all the combinations.We really appreciate other user's help!

When opening and editing a file via DriveHQ FileManager (Desktop Express), if you save the file, DriveHQ FileManager monitors the file change, and automatically saves the file back to the server. If you have some anti-virus / security software blocking it from monitoring file changes, then it will not work.

You might want to explicitly set a Synchronized Folder. I guess automatic folder synchronization will also be disabled in your case. But you can manually start the synchronization.

3/6/2009 2:08:01 AM

User: breezeking  -  3/5/2009 2:38:22 PM

aeromark08,
I saw no reply so I thought I would try to help.
The only time this happens to me is when my firewall stops it from working. When it does stop it I get the same exact problem you described.
Do the other computers Norton IS 2009?
You could try making you computer boot with Norton IS 2009 disabled using Services or MS Config. Sometimes Norton's products are difficult to stop from interfering.
Hi breezeking,
Yes all the other computers are running norton 09 and they all worked fine.  Ive even gone to the extreme of uninstalling norton completely and installing the file manager without any antivirus or firewalls at all and still no luck.  I'm wondering if its a problem with windows itself.  I really would hate to reinstall windows and all my apps just for this but I am really at a loss. 
You know the real shame is that I really liked using DriveHQ and all its services work great (aside from this problem)  and after not getting any response from customer support for a week I had cancelled my account (after using them for a few years) and am in the process of finding another back-up and sync solution.  I appreciate your effort to help me and I wish you the best of luck.
Regards,
Vince

3/6/2009 5:52:26 AM

Hi Vince, sorry for the inconvenience.

I guess it might be caused by this registry key. If you know how to use the Regedit tool, delete this registry key:

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DriveHQ\FileManager\Options\SyncCacheFileType

Before you do that, please quit FileManager. after delete it, restart FileManager.

3/9/2009 2:43:56 PM

Hi,

I wonder you also check on Windows native firewall setting, which windows firewall might not register DriveHQFile manager as valid program.

you can check in exceptions tab in firewall setting.

hope it helps.

Cheers

4/21/2009 6:13:42 PM

pl tell me where is the control panel for DriveHQ??? plz kindly tell me...

10/6/2011 10:15:43 PM

Hello, please download file manager and you will see the control panel in the root directory.  http://drivehq.com/downloads/downloads.aspx

10/7/2011 9:32:02 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003