x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 24563/3

I am currently running FIOS on my system with a 15 Mbps download / 2 Mbps upload capability and I notice that when I share data that my upload speed averages 180kbs to 210kbs. Download speeds fare about the same. What are the Drive HQ speed limitations for these operations?

7/1/2007 11:58:27 PM

DriveHQ never limits the upload speed. However, please note a lot of ISPs limit upload speed. Also cable modem and DSL usually have a lower upload bandwidth.

DriveHQ does limit the download speed. For more info, please click on the premium tab after logon. For free users, the max download speed is limited to about 220KBytes/sec. Premium users are limited to 400KBytes/sec to 1M Bytes/sec based on service plan.

Please note two things:

(1) Your speed is dependent on your local Internet speed and the Internet speed between your ISP to our datacenter in California.

(2) If you publish files or share file with a lot of people, the other people will use your download bytes as long as sharing the bandwidth with you.

7/2/2007 2:55:13 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  7/2/2007 2:55:13 AM

DriveHQ never limits the upload speed. However, please note a lot of ISPs limit upload speed. Also cable modem and DSL usually have a lower upload bandwidth.

DriveHQ does limit the download speed. For more info, please click on the premium tab after logon. For free users, the max download speed is limited to about 220KBytes/sec. Premium users are limited to 400KBytes/sec to 1M Bytes/sec based on service plan.

Please note two things:

(1) Your speed is dependent on your local Internet speed and the Internet speed between your ISP to our datacenter in California.

(2) If you publish files or share file with a lot of people, the other people will use your download bytes as long as sharing the bandwidth with you.

I have a premimun service plan and am seeing "LOW PRIORITY" 220kb/s Upload Speeds into the server.

As mentioned in my earlier mesage (PLEASE RE-READ PRIOR TO PROVIDING AN ANSWER)--My Bandwitdth is testing out at 15Mb/s Download and 2MB/s Upload, which in most cases is proving to be 10 times faster than going trough this service.

The problem seems to be in how my account is perceived by your server or how much bandwidth your gateway allows per client. Please check and provide the correct "Non-Canned" solution to allow me to maximize data transmission rates.

7/2/2007 8:41:05 AM

User: Eggwin  -  7/2/2007 8:41:05 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  7/2/2007 2:55:13 AM

Please note two things:

I have a premimun service plan and am seeing "LOW PRIORITY" 220kb/s Upload Speeds into the server.

As mentioned in my earlier mesage (PLEASE RE-READ PRIOR TO PROVIDING AN ANSWER)--My Bandwitdth is testing out at 15Mb/s Download and 2MB/s Upload, which in most cases is proving to be 10 times faster than going trough this service.

The problem seems to be in how my account is perceived by your server or how much bandwidth your gateway allows per client. Please check and provide the correct "Non-Canned" solution to allow me to maximize data transmission rates.

Please note we never set upload speed limit.

Unfortunately, in a lot of cases, the Internet connection speed from your ISP to our datacenter may not be so fast; and also when you are transferring small files, there is a lot of overhead due to the network latency. Please check at different times using large files see if the speed varies.

DriveHQ has designed a lot of ways to make upload faster. When your files can be compressed, you will see a much faster performance. In some cases, when MagicUpload works, you will see upload speed is super fast.

Also note DriveHQ never uploads the same files again. So once your initial upload finishes, the subsequent upload will be very fast as only the delta will be uploaded.

7/2/2007 1:15:31 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003