x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 22253/1

where can i find documentation instructing how to set up the ftp site? I have never done this before and need some help. I am getting very frustrated with the lack of user documentation from this site - either that, or I am just a moron and have yet to find and set up procedures.

I have created the users I need to have, and made folders for them. But I dont know if that is done in the correct spot or not. I have no idea what url to give the users to connect to their folder. I want each user to only connect to their folder but see no indication of how to do that either.

Can someone please help?

10/23/2009 7:43:25 AM

>>> Where can i find documentation instructing how to set up the ftp site?

DriveHQ FTP Service information is available online at:

http://www.drivehq.com/ftp/ click on FAQ and Expand All. You can also click on the Support tab for more detailed help info.

>>> I have created the users I need to have, and made folders for them. But I dont know if that is done in the correct spot or not. I have no idea what url to give the users to connect to their folder. I want each user to only connect to their folder but see no indication of how to do that either.

Please note each sub-user has its own private "My Storage" folder and other default folders / files. By default, each sub-user can only access files / folders in his/her own account.

The group account owner / admin can logon and click on the "Group Admin" link to access administrative features. As the group admin, you can create/add/edit/delete/disable sub-users; allocate storage space and download bytes to sub-users; reset passwords. You can also logon as a sub-user and gain full access to the sub-user account.

Another popular way of Group Account setup is: Logon as the group account owner, create a folder for each sub-user; then share each folder to the corresponding sub-user. When a sub-user logs on, he / she can only see the folder(s) you shared to him in the special folder:

\DriveHQ Share\YOUR_USERNAME\SHARE_NAME

10/24/2009 10:36:30 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003