x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 33885/7
    Can somebody help me figure out how to save a word document on to my DHQ server?  It always gives the message that it cannot access it it.  I cant figure it out.  Thanks.

7/16/2007 12:42:34 PM

The easiest approach is to open the word document from DriveHQ FileManager; if the document is already on server, then after you edit it and save it, the file will be automatically sync-ed (saved) to DriveHQ.com. If the file is in local, then you can either manually drag and drop it to DriveHQ.com, or you can create a synchronized folder between your local folder and a DriveHQ folder.

Alternatively, you can use FTP folder, which Word supports it. In your Windows Explorer (or Internet Explorer), type in the URL:

ftp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@ftp.drivehq.com

In your Windows Explorer, you should see it adds an FTP folder to your network place. Word can save documents directly to an FTP folder.

7/16/2007 12:59:56 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  7/16/2007 12:59:56 PM

The easiest approach is to open the word document from DriveHQ FileManager; if the document is already on server, then after you edit it and save it, the file will be automatically sync-ed (saved) to DriveHQ.com. If the file is in local, then you can either manually drag and drop it to DriveHQ.com, or you can create a synchronized folder between your local folder and a DriveHQ folder.

Alternatively, you can use FTP folder, which Word supports it. In your Windows Explorer (or Internet Explorer), type in the URL:

In your Windows Explorer, you should see it adds an FTP folder to your network place. Word can save documents directly to an FTP folder.

Will I be able to save directly over the word.doc file that I put on my HQ server?

7/16/2007 1:36:12 PM

User: norwalkwatch  -  7/16/2007 1:36:12 PM

Will I be able to save directly over the word.doc file that I put on my HQ server?

If you use DriveHQ FileManager, yes.

Just open the word document from FileManager, after edit it, just save it and it will be saved to a local cache and then sync-ed back to DriveHQ. Note this way, the performance is much better than other solutions.

7/16/2007 3:54:20 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  7/16/2007 3:54:20 PM

Just open the word document from FileManager, after edit it, just save it and it will be saved to a local cache and then sync-ed back to DriveHQ. Note this way, the performance is much better than other solutions.

Even with the free account?

7/16/2007 6:06:58 PM

User: norwalkwatch  -  7/16/2007 6:06:58 PM

Yes, it works with free accounts. However, free service has a lot of other restrictions. It is strongly recommended to upgrade to premium service to take full advantage of this service.

7/16/2007 11:26:02 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  7/16/2007 11:26:02 PM

Yes, it works with free accounts. However, free service has a lot of other restrictions. It is strongly recommended to upgrade to premium service to take full advantage of this service.
    I still dont understand how to open a new word document and save it directly to the server.

7/17/2007 6:49:37 AM

User: norwalkwatch  -  7/17/2007 6:49:37 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  7/16/2007 11:26:02 PM

I still dont understand how to open a new word document and save it directly to the server.
You can do so by logging on FileManager, then go to a remote folder such as My Storage or a subfolder of My Storage, right click and select New Microsoft Word Document. Then everything should be very similar. You rename the file and double click to open it; after you finished editing, simply save it. Don't use save as.

7/17/2007 11:43:21 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003