x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 27184/3

Hi, I use the FTP site to upload webcam images so that I can view them remotely but as of yesterday I am receiving a message from your server:

"550 Free users can upload 50MB each time. To resume, please log off and log on again AFTER 5 minutes. You can also upgrade to premium service at www.drivehq.com for only $2.99/month."

My webcam images are far less than 50MB so can somebody explain what is going on please?

1/28/2009 4:09:47 PM

Thank you for using our FTP service. Please note the FTP service is designed to be used by a real person, not by some automatic device. In the webcam FTP case, if you keep it running, it will keep a persist connection; the usage will be 100s times higher than a regular person. The free FTP service will not be able to support such automatic device.

1/29/2009 6:28:31 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  1/29/2009 6:28:31 PM

Thank you for using our FTP service. Please note the FTP service is designed to be used by a real person, not by some automatic device. In the webcam FTP case, if you keep it running, it will keep a persist connection; the usage will be 100s times higher than a regular person. The free FTP service will not be able to support such automatic device.

What? I cannot use webcam or Internet camera to upload file?

My internet camera has been able to upload small images when I'm away. But not anymore lately. My ftp clients can no longer logon to the ftp server.

This does't even work?

ftp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@ftp.drivehq.com

Am I black listed or what?

5/7/2010 9:14:24 PM

User: dayahi  -  5/7/2010 9:14:24 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  1/29/2009 6:28:31 PM

What? I cannot use webcam or Internet camera to upload file?

My internet camera has been able to upload small images when I'm away. But not anymore lately. My ftp clients can no longer logon to the ftp server.

This does't even work?

ftp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@ftp.drivehq.com

Am I black listed or what?

Please note DriveHQ FREE FTP Server Hosting Service is designed for use by regular persons. A typical usage case is you logon every few days and uploading some images or documents; you can share such images and documents to your friends or you can access your files from a remote location.

Now when you use automatic software or devices that keep logging on DriveHQ FTP Server, it creates a huge load on our FTP Server. The load is typically more than 100 times than a regular person. This is detected as a service abuse. So please avoid connecting to DriveHQ FTP server at such high frequency.  We have added a limit on maximum number of logon times. Free service users are limited to a maximum logon times of (500 + 30 * Days since signed up).

The limit does not apply to paid members. It is strongly recommended to upgrade. Our service starts at only $2.99/month, or annually, $29.99/year (i.e. only $2.5/month!). Plus you get all other storage related features / services for free! (Incl. Automatic Online Backup, Automatic Folder Synchronization, Sharing and Collaborations, File / Web Hosting, etc.)

5/9/2010 2:39:56 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003