x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 40500/7

Hi,

did you change the access limits?

I'm getting the following message:

530 Not logged on, free service users can logon 100 times, plus 10 times/day, please upgrade on http://www.drivehq.com/! . Please check your FTP settings and network connection.

100 times per month ?  per year ?  in total ??

In older posts I have read that the limit was 20 times per day. Did you changed it?

Could you please define it?

Thank you

Manos

11/16/2010 10:53:45 PM

Usually, for free service users, you can logon our FTP service 25 times per day. However, there is no guarantee. Based on our statistics, most free service users logon our FTP service less than 5 times/day.  DriveHQ also offers a one-time 100 (or up to 500) times FTP logon. So if you sign up our free service today, you can logon our FTP service 100 + 25 times today. If you signed up our free service 10 days ago, you can logon 100 + 250 = 350 times in the 10 days.

The restriction is added to prevent some users from abusing our free service. As mentioned in previous support messages, we had a lot of users using our free service for KeyLogger software and surveillance cameras. Such automatic software / device keeps connecting to DriveHQ FTP server, creating 100s of times more load than an average free FTP user. Because DriveHQ has over million customers, such usage could overload our servers.

DriveHQ free service is designed for personal and casual use only. A typical usage scenario is: a user uses a GUI-based FTP client software (such as FileZilla, CuteFTP, SmartFTP, WsFTP) to upload / download some document files or image files. If you use our service for business purpose or if you use automatic software / device that keeps connecting to DriveHQ FTP server, then you should pay for the service. 

Note:

For KeyLogger users: KeyLogger software is very controversial, it is often used to steal other people's info. If you use our service for KeyLogger software, then you must:

(1) Order our paid service;

(2) Provide a copy of valid photo ID or credit card; or send us an email from a verifiable company email address.

11/30/2010 5:03:29 PM

Thanks. I am also unable to use ftp on browser to access my files. As advised, I have paid for a service. Of the three options you have given, I prefer to send my credit card copy. To which email address should I send it? After sending the copy, how long will it take you so that I can access my files through ftp on browser, as before?

1/23/2011 11:35:25 PM

What is the limit for paid "Personal Plans" and paid "Enterprise Plans"?  I'd like to poll for the occaisional upload of a file and then download that file to another computer when it comes in.

For free accounts, I can see the limit.  I just can't find information if there is a restriction to paid accounts.

Thanks!     

3/12/2020 7:49:36 AM

In general, the personal plans can only be used for personal purposes. If it is for business, then you need to order an enterprise plan. DriveHQ's enterprise service is very affordable: 

- It starts at only $14/month for up to 5 user accounts (1 main account + 3 sub-accounts + 1 extra free sub-account). If you order annually, you can save 2 months/year.

- Other companies' enterprise cloud services usually cost $15 to $25/user/month.

The FTP service is often used for business only. For personal use, we recommend DriveHQ FileManager or DriveHQ WebDAV Drive Mapping Tool, they are much easier than FTP. If your FTP usage is very low, you can use a personal level service. Using FileZilla to manually transfer some files is fine, but it cannot be used with automatic FTP software / device or FTP scripts. 

3/12/2020 9:35:00 AM

Great, thanks.  When I get things working, I will certainly need the enterprise level.  I'm just testing and proof of concept at the moment.

3/12/2020 10:01:56 AM

Also - is it possible to cange fro a personal account to an Enterprise account without a new account?  It seems I can only update the amount of personal storage.

3/12/2020 10:45:34 AM

Yes, you can. You need to cancel your personal subscription first. Log on to DriveHQ.com, go to My Account page, click Manage Subscriptions, then click the Order Item ID to cancel a subscription. Canceling a subscription will not delete your account or data. After you become a free service user, you can then order a new enterprise subscription.

3/12/2020 10:56:52 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003