x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 32462/8

I am using rclone (https://rclone.org) to automate some file uploading to DriveHQ using WebDAV.  I have configured a WebDAV URL and marked it has unrestricted.

On my desktop (Mac), I can make a directory:

rclone mkdir drivehq:wwwhome/webg

But I can't copy files to it:

rclone sync . drivehq:wwwhome/webg

I get error "Failed to copy: Update mkParentDir failed: 403 Permission denied"

Also, if I try to make the directory from a script on another computer, I get the error "Failed to mkdir: 403 Permission denied"

In Finder on the Mac, if I connect to the same WebDAV URL, I can can copy files in Finder. If I do a lot of files, it is really slow.

6/11/2020 6:04:22 AM

Sorry I am not familiar with Rclone. We may not be able to offer technical support on 3rd party software/products. I will follow up with our engineers and update you later. 

In the meantime, if you just want to sync a folder on Mac, you can use DriveHQ FileManager for Mac. FileManager is usually more efficient and reliable in syncing large folders.

DriveHQ is a leading FTP server hosting service provider. Many companies use FTP based folder sync/backup solutions.

6/11/2020 9:41:53 AM

Rclone is a command line program to manage files on cloud storage. It is a feature rich alternative to cloud vendors' web storage interfaces. Over 40 cloud storage products support rclone including S3 object stores, business & consumer file storage services, as well as standard transfer protocols.

One of the protocols that it supports is WebDAV. It also supports SFTP. I will try that.

6/11/2020 11:09:10 AM

Well, I am using a free account so I guess I can't use SFTP and rclone doesn't support FTP over TLS.

6/11/2020 11:20:47 AM

Sorry SFTP is a business feature. It is not offered to free service members.

I just offered you $14 credit and ordered the monthly "enterprise 10GB + 3 sub-users" plan (which includes 15GB storage and 4 sub accounts + 1 main account). You can try the service for 1 month. If it does not work, you can easily cancel it online within 1 month.

6/11/2020 11:49:34 AM

The reason that I am considering your service is for WebDAV support. It seems to work for only selective cases and isn't a complete WebDAV solution.

6/11/2020 11:56:48 AM

@DriveHQ_Support, thanks for enabling SFTP for my account. I tried out rclone using SFTP and it doesn't work either. :-(

6/12/2020 10:28:56 AM

Our engineers have checked the problem and fixed it. Please feel free to try rclone with our WebDAV service again. You will need to use the Secure WebDAV URL. Log on to your account, then click the DriveHQ Start Menu and click "Drive Mapping URL" (https://www.drivehq.com/mapdrive/getwebdavurl.aspx)

Alternatively, you can use rclone with DriveHQ's FTP or FTPS (FTP over SSL) service. If you use FTPS with rclone, please use 990 as the port number. 

Please let us know if you have any more issues. 

------------

DriveHQ's WebDAV Drive Mapping service has two components: (1) DriveHQ WebDAV Server. (2) DriveHQ WebDAV Drive Mapping Tool. 

If you use rclone, you only use our WebDAV server. Most other users use our WebDAV Drive Mapping Tool on Windows and Mac. With the tool, it is extremely easy to map a cloud drive. Many companies use our service to replace their in-house file servers. They can work remotely (from home). Their employees don't need to be trained as the cloud drive is just like a local drive. The WebDAV Drive Mapping Tool has a built-in cache and data compression engine that makes it far more efficient and reliable than other WebDAV services.

6/23/2020 9:12:21 AM

Well done! It is working smoothly.

6/23/2020 10:56:03 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003