x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 30499/4

Up until last week my FileManager worked fine. Now when I access it I get the following sequence of messages

1.Connecting to www.drivehq.com..

2. Username and password OK, logon was successful. Downloading folder/file list...

3. Downloading folder/file list shared to you...

4. Cannot access DriveHQ.com, please make sure you are connected to the internet. Please also check if your antivirus software or firewall software has blocked it from accessing the internet.

Incidentally, the 'Date Modified' dates are up to date in the DriveHQRoot folders. I can access DriveHQ directly and see everything esle using my username; its only FileManager that fails. I run WindowsXP SP3 and McAfee antivirus. I have disabled McAfee and the windows Firewall, to no avail. I have also re-installed filemanager.

So it is NOT an antivirus or firewall issue. Does FileManager depend on some services running in the background? If so which ones?

I am looking to the tech support guys now for some help on this. Thanks.

2/14/2009 7:14:44 AM

Your problem is extremely rare as you can logon; but cannot download the file / folder list.

We have tested locally and it works fine for your account. At this time, we are not sure about your problem. But please:

(1) Try from another PC, and let us know if it works.

(2) Try to sign up another account, let us know if you can logon another account.

If you can logon another account, then I guess your problem might be caused by some newly shared folders, or newly uploaded files / folders. You can block the shared folders by logging on www.drivehq.com website, adding username@drivehq.com to the blocked contact group; or you can ask the user to delete the share. In any way, we are very curious about which folder / share that might have caused your problem.

2/16/2009 1:29:14 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  2/16/2009 1:29:14 AM

Your problem is extremely rare as you can logon; but cannot download the file / folder list.

We have tested locally and it works fine for your account. At this time, we are not sure about your problem. But please:

(1) Try from another PC, and let us know if it works.

(2) Try to sign up another account, let us know if you can logon another account.

If you can logon another account, then I guess your problem might be caused by some newly shared folders, or newly uploaded files / folders. You can block the shared folders by logging on www.drivehq.com website, adding username@drivehq.com to the blocked contact group; or you can ask the user to delete the share. In any way, we are very curious about which folder / share that might have caused your problem.

Access to FileManager is now working. I have been away for a week during which time I powered off the pc, router and Homeplug configurations. I'm sure when I powered on again on Friday night I got the same error messages as referrred in my post above, however by Saturday morning everything was working as normal. I have not altered any share, service or other setting. The only explanation I can think of is some indexing has corrected itself, could this be related to the tests you performed on my account? Certainly its not something I've been able to replicate, but should it happen again I'll reopen this thread. Thanks.

2/22/2009 12:32:05 PM

Same problem as described above. Now working with windows Vista, FileManager version 5, Norton AV all latest versions and updates applied.

I am having this problem since a week. I tried to minimize the control of Norton AV. I did not manage to switch AV off completely. I have to uninstall AV which I do not like to do.

As a bypass I use now the browser interface of DriveHQ, which is working but cumbersome due to the number of files I transfer.

A solution will be appreciated.

5/22/2011 5:26:18 AM

Please do a test by completely disabiling all antivirus/security/firewall software to find out what is causing the problem.  After you disable, it is recommended you restart your computer and File Manager.  Most antivirus software will give you the option to "allow" certain software or IP addresses through.  If possible, you will want to allow the IP 66.220.9.57 through, or beter yet the range of 66.220.9 - 66.220.9.255. 

5/23/2011 11:06:42 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003