x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 40768/9

Am I doing something wrong?

I have set up an online folder and local folder to sync with each other. When I alter a file on the local folder, the file on the remote machine does not change. When I alter a file in the remote folder the file in the local folder changes.

The dialogue box asks me which files I wish to overwrite. However it only appears to work one way. If I add files to the local folder then the remote folder does update.

Is this how it is supposed to work?

8/10/2006 10:56:52 AM

The current version FileManager 3.0 (build number less than 211) supports one way synchronization from local to remote "Automatically".

If you want to synchronize from remote to local, you have to manually initiate a synchronization by selecting the synchronized folder and right click on Synchronize. We are working on a new version that supports automatic synchronization for both ways. The "Server to local synchronization" feature uses a lot of server resources and will be provided only to premium users. If you have any more questions, please email support@drivehq.com.

8/10/2006 12:20:34 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  8/10/2006 12:20:34 PM

The current version FileManager 3.0 (build number less than 211) supports one way synchronization from local to remote "Automatically".

If you want to synchronize from remote to local, you have to manually initiate a synchronization by selecting the synchronized folder and right click on Synchronize. We are working on a new version that supports automatic synchronization for both ways. The "Server to local synchronization" feature uses a lot of server resources and will be provided only to premium users. If you have any more questions, please email support@drivehq.com.

Thank you for your reply.

My problem is that when I edit a text file in the local folder, the same file in the remote folder does not change. I have tried manual sync with the same result. If I add a new file to the local folder, it does appear in the remote folder.

Is this how the sytem is supposed to work?

8/10/2006 2:15:56 PM

User: cleansweep06  -  8/10/2006 2:15:56 PM

My problem is that when I edit a text file in the local folder, the same file in the remote folder does not change. I have tried manual sync with the same result. If I add a new file to the local folder, it does appear in the remote folder.

No. It should be synchronized to the server. Please make sure you have saved the file, and your editor doesn't lock the file. So please try edit it and save it, close your editor and see if it is synchronized to server.

Additionally, DriveHQ FileManager 3.0 already supports "Save Back" to the server folder if you open a file by double clicking on FileManager's server folder. So if you open a text file in "\My Storage\temp" folder, save it, it will be saved to the cache folder, and then automatically sync-ed back to the server folder.

If you still have problem, please let us know about theBuild Number of your version FileManager.

8/11/2006 10:18:02 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  8/11/2006 10:18:02 AM

No. It should be synchronized to the server. Please make sure you have saved the file, and your editor doesn't lock the file. So please try edit it and save it, close your editor and see if it is synchronized to server.

Additionally, DriveHQ FileManager 3.0 already supports "Save Back" to the server folder if you open a file by double clicking on FileManager's server folder. So if you open a text file in "\My Storage\temp" folder, save it, it will be saved to the cache folder, and then automatically sync-ed back to the server folder.

If you still have problem, please let us know about theBuild Number of your version FileManager.

Thanks again for you reply.

I'm using FM3.0 build 210 and MS Wordpad to create/edit a basic txt document.

I still have the same problem. When I edit the doc in the local folder, FM detects the change, prompts me for which file to update (local, remote, older) - seems to go through the process of updating the remote file - but not actually changing the file.

I am evaluating this product for possible use in my workplace and it would be good to know its capabilities and limitations.

Best,

David

8/12/2006 3:08:05 AM

User: cleansweep06  -  8/12/2006 3:08:05 AM

I still have the same problem. When I edit the doc in the local folder, FM detects the change, prompts me for which file to update (local, remote, older) - seems to go through the process of updating the remote file - but not actually changing the file.

I am evaluating this product for possible use in my workplace and it would be good to know its capabilities and limitations.

Best,

David

If I clear the cache before I edit the local file the remote file will update automatically. I did not think that this step was necessary from reading the help info. Should I havew to do this??

8/12/2006 10:27:57 AM

User: cleansweep06  -  8/12/2006 10:27:57 AM

Best,

David

If I clear the cache before I edit the local file the remote file will update automatically. I did not think that this step was necessary from reading the help info. Should I havew to do this??
No, it  should not need this step. I will check with our QA and developers and give you an update next week.

8/12/2006 8:34:23 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  8/12/2006 8:34:23 PM

Best,

David

No, it  should not need this step. I will check with our QA and developers and give you an update next week.

Any developments? Am I the only one having this problem, is it a flaw in the system or is it my setup?

Best David

8/22/2006 10:50:35 AM

Best,

David

We are in the middle of releasing a new version FileManager, which should fix this problem. Expect this will be done by no later than next Monday. Thank you for your patience.

8/22/2006 1:52:40 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  8/22/2006 1:52:40 PM

Best,

David

We are in the middle of releasing a new version FileManager, which should fix this problem. Expect this will be done by no later than next Monday. Thank you for your patience.

Great news,

Best,

David

8/23/2006 5:57:50 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003