x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 23344/3
How can I set up FileManager as a portable application on my USB drive? I want to use it on clients where I have no admin rights (i.e. internet cafe) How secure is it from a public client?

11/27/2007 3:31:18 AM

Hi,

I agree with your question. I live driveHQ and I really hope they can support this already (but didn't find it yet) or in the next release, like diino.com does.

Thx,

Godert

11/27/2007 11:07:35 AM

The current version of FileManager integrates with Windows Explorer and cannot be run without installation. We are working on a new "portable" or "Green" version. Expect it to be released in another 1-2 months.

In the meantime, you can use Windows Explorer as an FTP client, simply enter:

ftp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@ftp.drivehq.com/ from your Windows Explorer, you can access DriveHQ storage from anywhere. You can drag and drop files from there.

11/27/2007 4:53:20 PM

User: godert  -  11/27/2007 11:07:35 AM

Hi,

I agree with your question. I live driveHQ and I really hope they can support this already (but didn't find it yet) or in the next release, like diino.com does.

Thx,

Godert

The current version of FileManager integrates with Windows Explorer and cannot be run without installation. We are working on a new "portable" or "Green" version. Expect it to be released in another 1-2 months.

In the meantime, you can use Windows Explorer as an FTP client, simply enter:

ftp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@ftp.drivehq.com/ from your Windows Explorer, you can access DriveHQ storage from anywhere. You can drag and drop files from there.

11/27/2007 4:53:44 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003