x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 36300/7

I keep having problems with when I try to FTP to ftp.drivehq.com:

When I try to get a directory listing I keep getting "Permission denied". I tried several FTP-clients and use Passive mode.

- If I log on with my username do I automatically 'get in' at my own storage location or do I have to change directory ?

- Do I have to set permissions (how?) to see my files ?

This is a log example:
-------------------------------------
SmartFTP v1.5.990.19

Resolving host name "ftp.drivehq.com"

Connecting to 66.220.9.50 Port: 21

Connected to ftp.drivehq.com.

220 Welcome! DriveHQ offers a complete FTP hosting solution for small businesses and advanced users. With our service, you save on FTP server hardware, software, hosting service and system administration cost. You can share files and folders with read/write permissions on DriveHQ.com platform. Please note Microsoft command line FTP client doesn't support Passive FTP and cannot be used with a firewall. For more info, please visit: http://www.drivehq.com/FTPService.aspx.

USER avision

331 User name ok, need password.

PASS (hidden)

230 User successfully logged on.

SYST

215 UNIX emulated by DriveHQ FTP Server.

FEAT

501 Syntax error: Command not understood.

TYPE I

200 Type set to I

REST 0

350 Restarting at 0.

PWD

257 "/" is current directory.

PASV

227 Entering Passive Mode (66,220,9,50,18,15).

Opening data connection to 66.220.9.50 Port: 4623

LIST -aL

550 Permission denied.

Automatic failover of data connection mode from "Passive Mode (PASV)" to "Active Mode (PORT)".

PORT 192,168,1,100,17,40

200 Port command successful.

LIST -aL

550 Permission denied.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you please help me with this one ?

Regards,

Wilbert

8/14/2006 11:18:22 AM

Hi, please try again. I believe this problem is fixed now.

When you logon with your own username and password, the default server folder is your own storage root folder. You don't have to change folder, but certainly you can create subfolder as needed.

Please pay attention to the "DriveHQ Share" folder, this virtual folder contains folders shared to you by other people. You don't need any other passwords to access a shared folder.

DriveHQ also supports "Invited Guest Logon". When you share a folder to a friend who doesn't have an account on DriveHQ, he can logon as username: YOUR_USER_NAME\SHARE_NAME , password: SHARE_PASSWORD.

8/14/2006 3:57:48 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  8/14/2006 3:57:48 PM

When you logon with your own username and password, the default server folder is your own storage root folder. You don't have to change folder, but certainly you can create subfolder as needed.

Please pay attention to the "DriveHQ Share" folder, this virtual folder contains folders shared to you by other people. You don't need any other passwords to access a shared folder.

DriveHQ also supports "Invited Guest Logon". When you share a folder to a friend who doesn't have an account on DriveHQ, he can logon as username: YOUR_USER_NAME\SHARE_NAME , password: SHARE_PASSWORD.

Now it works indeed !

Great, thank you.

Now I can synchronise 2 ways with DriveHQ and SyncBackSE.
(Until driveHQ Filemanager support this  ;-)

Regards,

Wilbert

8/15/2006 6:45:47 AM

User: avision  -  8/15/2006 6:45:47 AM

Now it works indeed !

Great, thank you.

Regards,

Wilbert

You can try DriveHQ WWWBackup which also support online backup. I think it's better than SyncBackSE.

Thank you

8/20/2006 7:49:44 PM

User: thankee  -  8/20/2006 7:49:44 PM

Now it works indeed !

Great, thank you.

Regards,

Wilbert

You can try DriveHQ WWWBackup which also support online backup. I think it's better than SyncBackSE.

Thank you

I'll try that.
But I'm working on several computers on the same project and I want to use driveHQ to keep the data on all computers the same. So I need 2-way synchronisation.

CU!

Wilbert

8/21/2006 12:05:00 PM

User: avision  -  8/21/2006 12:05:00 PM

Now it works indeed !

Great, thank you.

Regards,

Wilbert

Thank you

I'll try that.
But I'm working on several computers on the same project and I want to use driveHQ to keep the data on all computers the same. So I need 2-way synchronisation.

CU!

Wilbert

Hi, we are going to release a new version that supports two-way syncing very soon. The new version will support sync among multiple computers and among multiple accounts. That second feature is really for businesses. So you can sync documents among a project team easily. The only drawback is: two-way syncing is a premium feature and won't be offered to free/true members.

Stay tuned.

8/21/2006 9:24:17 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  8/21/2006 9:24:17 PM

Now it works indeed !

Great, thank you.

Regards,

Wilbert

Thank you

I'll try that.

CU!

Wilbert

Hi, we are going to release a new version that supports two-way syncing very soon. The new version will support sync among multiple computers and among multiple accounts. That second feature is really for businesses. So you can sync documents among a project team easily. The only drawback is: two-way syncing is a premium feature and won't be offered to free/true members.

Stay tuned.

Sounds great!

Hope it will handle orphans well (if you delete a file on one computer it also gets deleted on the other instead of being recopied)

Any ETA on this ?

8/22/2006 11:22:50 AM

User: avision  -  8/22/2006 11:22:50 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  8/21/2006 9:24:17 PM

Now it works indeed !

Great, thank you.

Regards,

Wilbert

Thank you

I'll try that.

CU!

Wilbert

Stay tuned.

Sounds great!

Hope it will handle orphans well (if you delete a file on one computer it also gets deleted on the other instead of being recopied)

Any ETA on this ?

Yes, it should be able to accomplish it.

We are doing a lot of testing now. So far so good. It seems we will be able to launch it within 10 days.

8/23/2006 1:39:08 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003