x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 31443/5
  • pti
  • (3 posts)

Everything works through the web interface. But when I use WS_FTP or any other FTP client, I seem to have read-only access.

Trying to upload, delete or rename a file gives the error "550 Security server forbids that action on this file" every time.

8/23/2006 1:51:15 PM

Hi, which FTP software are you using? Which folder were you trying to access? We cannot duplicate this problem here. Thank you.

8/23/2006 2:29:18 PM

• pti
  • (3 posts)

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  8/23/2006 2:29:18 PM

Hi, which FTP software are you using? Which folder were you trying to access? We cannot duplicate this problem here. Thank you.

It doesn't matter. I have tried with two different drivehq accounts, many different folders, and several different FTP clients.

But here's an example: using WS_FTP on this account (pti) in the root folder. I uploaded a file test.txt using the web interface. Now using WS_FTP Home edition, I see the file test.txt, but I cannot rename or delete it, and I cannot upload another file. In every case I get the 550 permission error.

I am behind a firewall, but I thought "passive" mode would work regardless. With WS_FTP, I am able to connect, see my folders and files, and download files that are already there. So it is like I have read-only access.

8/24/2006 6:24:31 AM

• pti
  • (3 posts)

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  8/23/2006 2:29:18 PM

Nevermind, I think it must be some kind of firewall problem at my end. I am consistently getting the same message "Security server forbids that action on this file" whatever I do. And I have now seen the same message when attempting to upload to another FTP site.

8/24/2006 7:06:04 AM

Everything works through the web interface. But when I use winscp FTP client getting access denied, could you please suggest me why this is happening ?

7/8/2022 5:20:49 AM

You had logged into the FTP server for over 120 times in a short period of time. Please note the FTP/SFTP/FTPS hosting service is a business feature and requires a business plan. Free service or personal service members can only try our FTP/SFTP/FTPS service. You usage has exceeded the free trial limit. Please consider ordering a business plan. The lowest business plan is "Business Basic with 3 users", which offers 3 sub-user licenses, 1 main account (total 4 user accounts) and 15GB of storage space for $144/year. For very small businesses with no employees, you can send an email to DriveHQ sales. We might offer you a special discount.

7/8/2022 9:17:12 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003