x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 9646/3

I wished to record 12 hours of audio at night using a dos script, and ftp/wput it to the cloud so that I can immediately listen to it the next morning.

The problem is that my typical audio file is 120 megs but DriveHQ has something screwed up so that 52 megs is the largest file that can be ftp uploaded. 

This needs to be fixed.

Of course, at higher quality and longer recording time, we would need at least 350 to 400 meg files to cover 97 percent of our needs.   But you can't get 5 hours of audio at 20 kps for 52 megs.  I have jpgs larger than that.

1/16/2023 8:23:03 AM

Please note our FTP/SFTP service is not free. It is also not included in the Personal Plans. You can try our FTP/SFTP service with a free or personal account. However, to use it in long term, you need to order a business plan. The lowest business plan is "Business Basic with 3 users". For free or personal members, we recommend using DriveHQ FileManager, DriveHQ Online Backup or DriveHQ WebDAV Drive Mapping Tool. These tools are more user-friendly than FTP and work better. For very small businesses that must use FTP/SFTP, we might be able to offer a special deal. Please contact DriveHQ customer support via email. 

If you order a business plan, then you will not be limited by the 50MB "one-time continuous upload" limit.

( In rare cases, if a business uses our service for data transfer only, for example, if a user uploads files, downloads them (in a different location), then deletes them from the FTP server, then the FTP storage usage will be very low, but the data transfer usage could be high. If the data transfer usage is particularly high, then the user must contact us for a custom plan. )

1/16/2023 9:08:18 AM

I don't understand what devices or users mean.

You never share a password for data, even with family.  You might have a guest area to chuck a large file to someone. But the guest area should be the world, not a user.

As far as devices go, I gave up being married to one computer or phone or printer years ago, because I would take days off to fix a printer, phone or computer, which go down constantly. 

I also use many OS's and programs capable of ftp.  Since, I do not need to be awake to use ftp, it is far easier to use than a stupid interface.

I pay about $99 a year for 5 tb from microsoft, but the problems is that they don't do ftp, and file uploads can take days to get to the cloud.  FTP in a command line is instant upload.

I run my own ftp off a tplink usb router, but my uptime is never going to be as good as a professional company with redundancy. Even then, I found having 2 hosting companies necessary, since the pro's uptime aren't much better than my home internet. 

1/16/2023 9:54:27 AM

>>> I don't understand what devices or users mean.

In general, DriveHQ service does not limit devices. You can connect to our service from any devices/computers. You do need a username & password to log in to your account. DriveHQ has millions of users. Username & password is needed to protect your account security. Other users cannot access your files.

>>> You never share a password for data, even with family.  You might have a guest area to chuck a large file to someone. But the guest area should be the world, not a user.

Exactly. On DriveHQ.com, you can use our Group Account service to achieve fine-granular access control. You can create a sub-user. A sub-user works like a regular user, except that it is created by the group owner. The group owner can manage or delete the sub-account. 

A sub-user can log in with his own username and password. By default, the sub-user cannot see your files. But you can share a folder with the sub-user. More generally, you can share different folders with different sub-users and set various permission levels. When a sub-user logs in to his account, he can only see folder(s) shared with him.

>>> As far as devices go, I gave up being married to one computer or phone or printer years ago, because I would take days off to fix a printer, phone or computer, which go down constantly. 
>>> I also use many OS's and programs capable of ftp.  Since, I do not need to be awake to use ftp, it is far easier to use than a stupid interface.

You are not limited to any particular devices/computers/OS's. You just need to access DriveHQ's website or FTP server and log in. 

>>> I pay about $99 a year for 5 tb from microsoft, but the problems is that they don't do ftp, and file uploads can take days to get to the cloud.  FTP in a command line is instant upload.

Indeed, FTP is very convenient, efficient and reliable. You can also use DriveHQ FileManager client software for uploading/downloading large amount of data. FileManager works like FTP client, but is even more efficient. FileManager is available on Windows, Mac, iOS and Android.

1/17/2023 10:04:23 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003