x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 23330/3
I`m trying to make sure I understand the "automatic backup" limitations.

Your site info makes it sound like I am limited to 2 auto bacups on the free plan. However I have created 3 tasks just trying to experiment, and they appear to be working. Maybe I am mistaken or don't fully understand the rules.

Also, your info page says >=10 auto jobs depending on plan, but gives no further detail.

Where can I get expanded information on these limitations, as this is a big factor whether I upgrade or not.

1/13/2008 9:54:20 AM

Our free service plan is designed for personal and casual use only. It probably doesn't really limit it in the software; however, you should consider upgrading to premium service if you need to create more than 2 backup tasks. There are other limitations to free service plan.

1/13/2008 11:08:12 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  1/13/2008 11:08:12 AM

Our free service plan is designed for personal and casual use only. It probably doesn't really limit it in the software; however, you should consider upgrading to premium service if you need to create more than 2 backup tasks. There are other limitations to free service plan.
Thanks for the speedy reply (you earned bonus points in my decision-making process!).

OK, another problem I`m trying to sort out in my head:

When creating a backup task, we have only two choices: "real-time" (automatic as soon as changes are made) and "scheduled backup" (automatic at a set time in the future). So, by definition, every task is automatic, and this in turn would seem to imply the number of tasks altogether are also limited.

Sorry if I`m being "thick", as I`m probably over-reading the whole limited-task business, but I want to feel secure in knowing I`ve made the most informed decision.

Perhaps in the process we'll spare someone else the confusion as well.

Thanks again for your time.

1/13/2008 11:46:02 AM

User: gnologic99  -  1/13/2008 11:46:02 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  1/13/2008 11:08:12 AM

Thanks for the speedy reply (you earned bonus points in my decision-making process!).

OK, another problem I`m trying to sort out in my head:

When creating a backup task, we have only two choices: "real-time" (automatic as soon as changes are made) and "scheduled backup" (automatic at a set time in the future). So, by definition, every task is automatic, and this in turn would seem to imply the number of tasks altogether are also limited.

Sorry if I`m being "thick", as I`m probably over-reading the whole limited-task business, but I want to feel secure in knowing I`ve made the most informed decision.

Perhaps in the process we'll spare someone else the confusion as well.

Thanks again for your time.

You are right; all backup tasks are "automatic" once setup.

If you use our free service, you are limited to create only 2 backup tasks, whether real-time or scheduled. we probably have not enforced such limitation at this time; however, there are other restrictions to free service users.

There are no such restrictions to premium users.

1/14/2008 8:50:42 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003