x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 25980/3

Hi,

I've got a published folder that I want users to anonymous login and view, download files. I can not get it to work.  I go to ftp.drivehq.com, then File - Login as - "anonymous" with password using email address. I get in, and find a file named "ftp_help.htm". Clicking on it  opens another window with a sales pitch.  In your help file for FTP, it says to now type in my username as "/username" and it should open all published folders I have. 

It falts me to "FTP Folder Error" - make sure you have permission to access that folder. Details 200 Type set A, ....

Tried "/username/publishedfilename" and still nothing.

Any help would be appreachiated.

Ken Carrigan

10/25/2006 11:03:37 AM

I am not sure if the FTP anonymous logon works in IE or not. But if you want people to access your files anonymous in IE, then you can do so more easily using HTTP. Please logon and click on Publish. You should see a list of published folders. Click on a published folder, you should see the "publish link", which can be used for accessing the published folder and files.

You can link to a published file using FTP in this very simple format:

ftp://ftp.drivehq.com/USERNAME/PUBLISH_NAME/FILENAME

10/26/2006 6:54:36 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  10/26/2006 6:54:36 PM

I am not sure if the FTP anonymous logon works in IE or not. But if you want people to access your files anonymous in IE, then you can do so more easily using HTTP. Please logon and click on Publish. You should see a list of published folders. Click on a published folder, you should see the "publish link", which can be used for accessing the published folder and files.

I'd like to have it 'look' like a directory, in which people see many files and view as thumbnails if jpg pictures.  Giving them a link to "a" filename is not what I want. I'll have 12+ files that I'd like for them to see.  I have a .php script for a web page that will view jpg files which reside in the directory, but it does not work in you webspace. 

Just looking for something simple too, like ftp.driveHQ.com/username/

If your anonymous logon does not work, maybe you should change the help file for FTP, and also you WEB video that says this can be done.

10/27/2006 8:16:56 AM

User: kcarrigan  -  10/27/2006 8:16:56 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  10/26/2006 6:54:36 PM

I'd like to have it 'look' like a directory, in which people see many files and view as thumbnails if jpg pictures.  Giving them a link to "a" filename is not what I want. I'll have 12+ files that I'd like for them to see.  I have a .php script for a web page that will view jpg files which reside in the directory, but it does not work in you webspace. 

Just looking for something simple too, like ftp.driveHQ.com/username/

If your anonymous logon does not work, maybe you should change the help file for FTP, and also you WEB video that says this can be done.

Hi, I am curious why not just use our ShowFolder page for displaying an album of images? You can select different templates, add captions and descriptions, run slideshow of photos, etc.

And if you use PHP, then our web hosting is only a side feature, you need to use another service for hosting your PHP files. Then why use FTP? I think you can use HTTP links much easier.

10/27/2006 12:47:44 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003