x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 27547/4
Can one send DriveHQ Ftp a file from remote host? Please Reply.

11/4/2006 11:17:01 PM

My problem is I visit a site say "WWW.Example.com and I try to download Example.exe to my DriveHq ftp via network places,  I receve a message "Ftp folder error... Make shure you have permission to access folder... Permission denied." how do i resolve that.

11/4/2006 11:37:51 PM

User: CaleCollins0000  -  11/4/2006 11:37:51 PM

My problem is I visit a site say "WWW.Example.com and I try to download Example.exe to my DriveHq ftp via network places,  I receve a message "Ftp folder error... Make shure you have permission to access folder... Permission denied." how do i resolve that.

Hi, I am not sure about your question. Please note DriveHQ FTP is a standard FTP service. So it should not be anything different from other FTP servers. If you want to save files to DriveHQ storage, you can use DriveHQ FileManager 3.5 to create a synchronized folder. This way, you just need to save your files to the synchronized folder and it will be automatically synchronized to the server. The performance is generally much better; and it never locks your Windows Explorer or desktop.

11/5/2006 2:30:04 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  11/5/2006 2:30:04 AM

Hi, I am not sure about your question. Please note DriveHQ FTP is a standard FTP service. So it should not be anything different from other FTP servers. If you want to save files to DriveHQ storage, you can use DriveHQ FileManager 3.5 to create a synchronized folder. This way, you just need to save your files to the synchronized folder and it will be automatically synchronized to the server. The performance is generally much better; and it never locks your Windows Explorer or desktop.

I have a lower bandwidth connection,  what in effect I wanted to attempt was to avoid my direct download by sending the file first to my drivehq ftp so the file wont reach my low bandwidth so I never have a slow connection to a long que line.  Could you help me with that?  Is there any software,  hosts, shells, or otherwise you would recomend me for those pourpses?  Is drivehq the space I want to use to do this or should I be looking for a diffrent type of service? 

11/5/2006 1:51:56 PM

User: CaleCollins0000  -  11/5/2006 1:51:56 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  11/5/2006 2:30:04 AM

I have a lower bandwidth connection,  what in effect I wanted to attempt was to avoid my direct download by sending the file first to my drivehq ftp so the file wont reach my low bandwidth so I never have a slow connection to a long que line.  Could you help me with that?  Is there any software,  hosts, shells, or otherwise you would recomend me for those pourpses?  Is drivehq the space I want to use to do this or should I be looking for a diffrent type of service? 

I see. There is really no good solution... DriveHQ can implement this feature. However, it will make the server more prone to abuse.

Well, there is really one solution: you can use www.DriveHQ.com with Internet Explorer. Logon and go to My Storage, enter a folder, then click on New File button in the toolbar. You can enter the URL to let the server download a file to DriveHQ storage directly. You have to download one by one.

11/5/2006 2:08:04 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003