x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 37733/8
If I upgrade to a paid, corporate plan with 50gb space, I assume I can share a folder with an almost unlimited amount of "friends" or "co-workers".  They can then access, add to, and edit my shared folders.  What then is the purpose of the additional "group plans".  What do they add?  Also, what is the limit of concurrent users that can log in on an account?  If I create one admin, can all my office managers log in under the one corporate admin account?

11/2/2006 2:52:03 PM

Hi, you can always create unlimited number of shares, share to unlimited number of people, and have unlimited concurrent logon from the Web or FileManager.

The Group Plan makes the whole group more manageable. Without a group account, all individual users are regular users, they manage their own account. The group account can let all group members share the same storage / bandwidth, this often saves a lot of money for small companies. Further, a group account is much more manageable and flexible than multiple invididual plans. The Group Account Owner (Admin) orders storage space, assign storage and bandwidth to sub-users. He can also create sub-accounts, or delete/edit/enable/disable sub-accounts. Sharing files among the group is also much easier than individual accounts.

So, group account is ideal for a group of people to share and collaborate on the web. It is designed for organization and small businesses. Business users can also share files with clients using our Group Account service. You can create a sub-account to your clients so they can upload files for you.

More interestingly, we have some consultants reselling our Group Account service to their customers. This is OK, and this makes sense.

11/3/2006 4:45:33 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  11/3/2006 4:45:33 PM

Hi, you can always create unlimited number of shares, share to unlimited number of people, and have unlimited concurrent logon from the Web or FileManager.

The Group Plan makes the whole group more manageable. Without a group account, all individual users are regular users, they manage their own account. The group account can let all group members share the same storage / bandwidth, this often saves a lot of money for small companies. Further, a group account is much more manageable and flexible than multiple invididual plans. The Group Account Owner (Admin) orders storage space, assign storage and bandwidth to sub-users. He can also create sub-accounts, or delete/edit/enable/disable sub-accounts. Sharing files among the group is also much easier than individual accounts.

So, group account is ideal for a group of people to share and collaborate on the web. It is designed for organization and small businesses. Business users can also share files with clients using our Group Account service. You can create a sub-account to your clients so they can upload files for you.

More interestingly, we have some consultants reselling our Group Account service to their customers. This is OK, and this makes sense.

ok, so i have three offices.  in a group account, i can set myself as the "master" account and be the admin.  i can then share one folder for each office, and have my office managers administer them in subaccounts.  they in turn can share folders with each employee that we have in their own folders so they have a place to upload stuff?  i guess those would be "sub-shares"?  finally, can i try a corp account and add groups later to see the difference?   thx.

11/4/2006 5:12:56 AM

User: steverizzo  -  11/4/2006 5:12:56 AM

ok, so i have three offices.  in a group account, i can set myself as the "master" account and be the admin.  i can then share one folder for each office, and have my office managers administer them in subaccounts.  they in turn can share folders with each employee that we have in their own folders so they have a place to upload stuff?  i guess those would be "sub-shares"?  finally, can i try a corp account and add groups later to see the difference?   thx.

Hi, the current Group Account service should work pretty well for you.

However, please note you cannot create sub-groups in a group account; which means 3 offices will have to be in the same Group Account. You can make your office managers as Group Admins, in this case, they can manage all group members in the 3 offices.

Group members can share folders to other Group members; specific permissions can be set for each share; so different folders can be shared to different users with different permissions. Group Admin will have access to all files.

You office managers can create separate shared folders to their regional team members. He will need to enter the username of each team member when creating the share.

The Group User license is an add-on service. You can order regular premium service (Corporate Plan) first and then order Group User licenses. FYI, DriveHQ offers free 1 user license. So you can test the Group Account service before you order more licenses.

11/4/2006 12:27:27 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  11/4/2006 12:27:27 PM

However, please note you cannot create sub-groups in a group account; which means 3 offices will have to be in the same Group Account. You can make your office managers as Group Admins, in this case, they can manage all group members in the 3 offices.

Group members can share folders to other Group members; specific permissions can be set for each share; so different folders can be shared to different users with different permissions. Group Admin will have access to all files.

You office managers can create separate shared folders to their regional team members. He will need to enter the username of each team member when creating the share.

The Group User license is an add-on service. You can order regular premium service (Corporate Plan) first and then order Group User licenses. FYI, DriveHQ offers free 1 user license. So you can test the Group Account service before you order more licenses.

ok, so i added my group.  i want to now create folders for each employee under each office sub and share them.  Under SHARE, it only shows me "my documents", "my music", "my pictures", "public folder", and "wwwhome".  How do I point to the newly created employee folders that i would like to share?????  Also, these "employees" would not be group members, just free members associated with this group?  thx.

11/6/2006 8:43:46 AM

User: absolute  -  11/6/2006 8:43:46 AM

ok, so i added my group.  i want to now create folders for each employee under each office sub and share them.  Under SHARE, it only shows me "my documents", "my music", "my pictures", "public folder", and "wwwhome".  How do I point to the newly created employee folders that i would like to share?????  Also, these "employees" would not be group members, just free members associated with this group?  thx.

Please note each user can only share his own folders. Thus you can only share folders under "My Storage".

Please make sure you install DriveHQ FileManager 3.5 client software; sharing folders are easier from there. Anyway, you can share a folder with IE.

Just go to my storage, select a folder and click on "Share" button in the toolbar. You can then enter DriveHQ usernames of the users you want to share with. The other DriveHQ user can logon his own account and see your shared folders under his "DriveHQ Share" folder.

11/7/2006 5:16:32 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  11/7/2006 5:16:32 AM

Please note each user can only share his own folders. Thus you can only share folders under "My Storage".

Please make sure you install DriveHQ FileManager 3.5 client software; sharing folders are easier from there. Anyway, you can share a folder with IE.

Just go to my storage, select a folder and click on "Share" button in the toolbar. You can then enter DriveHQ usernames of the users you want to share with. The other DriveHQ user can logon his own account and see your shared folders under his "DriveHQ Share" folder.

ok, so how do i get stuff into "my storage"?  i am confused!  as i said, i set up 3 subgroups, one for each office.  i want to then share the picture directory that (exists in each office) with the employees that corrspond to that office.  how does each office share their local jpg directory????  do you have a tech support #.  i need to get this resolved.

11/7/2006 8:36:30 AM

User: absolute  -  11/7/2006 8:36:30 AM

ok, so how do i get stuff into "my storage"?  i am confused!  as i said, i set up 3 subgroups, one for each office.  i want to then share the picture directory that (exists in each office) with the employees that corrspond to that office.  how does each office share their local jpg directory????  do you have a tech support #.  i need to get this resolved.

Hi, first, let's solve how to upload files.

If you use FileManager, you can drag-n-drop files or folders into "My Storage" or its subfolders. If you have images, you might want to drag-n-drop them to "My Pictures" folder. If you are using IE, then you can logon and click on My Storage tab, then click on Upload button. Please let me know if you have any problem on this. This should be extremely simple. Please make sure we can get this step solved. Please check with your IT or colleagues about it.

Once you have files uploaded to "My Pictures" folder. You can select the folder and click on Share button to share with other DriveHQ members. In the "Share To" field, please enter other people's DriveHQ usernames or email addresses.

As this is a very simple issue, we should be able to get it solved very quickly. Please feel free to send emails to support@drivehq.com with your contact info.

Thank you.

11/7/2006 11:22:07 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  11/7/2006 11:22:07 AM

User: absolute  -  11/7/2006 8:36:30 AM

Hi, first, let's solve how to upload files.

If you use FileManager, you can drag-n-drop files or folders into "My Storage" or its subfolders. If you have images, you might want to drag-n-drop them to "My Pictures" folder. If you are using IE, then you can logon and click on My Storage tab, then click on Upload button. Please let me know if you have any problem on this. This should be extremely simple. Please make sure we can get this step solved. Please check with your IT or colleagues about it.

Once you have files uploaded to "My Pictures" folder. You can select the folder and click on Share button to share with other DriveHQ members. In the "Share To" field, please enter other people's DriveHQ usernames or email addresses.

As this is a very simple issue, we should be able to get it solved very quickly. Please feel free to send emails to support@drivehq.com with your contact info.

Thank you.

I sent an email to support with my contact numbers as suggested.  Maybe DriveHQ is not suitable for my situation.  Please contact me to discuss.

11/7/2006 2:48:13 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003