x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 22726/2
I have been unable to locate the Help information to map a DriveHQ folder to a drive letter.  Is this possible, and what is referred to in the Features list as "Map Network Folder / Drive"?

I would like to map My Storage, DriveHQData or other online DriveHQ folder to a drive letter on my computer.

3/4/2008 9:58:47 AM

We have stopped supporting Drive mapping over the Internet due to the inherent problems with this approach.

When network is slow or inaccessible, it can freeze your desktop or if you are saving a large file to an online drive, and if the network becomes unavailable, your application can be locked or crashed and causing loss of data.

It is also slow saving files to online drive directly. DriveHQ has since developed a much better product: DriveHQ FileManager. It also bundles DriveHQ Desktop Express, which maps a My DriveHQ folder in your "My Computer" folder allowing easy accessing DriveHQ storage from Windows Explorer.

For saving files directly to DriveHQ, you can open files within FileManager, and when finished editing, simply save it and the file will be synced back to DriveHQ storage. You can also create a synchronized folder using FileManager; so you can save files to a local folder and FileManager can automatically sync them to DriveHQ storage.

You can also try FTP folder using DriveHQ FTP. From Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer, enter the following URL:

ftp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@ftp.drivehq.com/

3/6/2008 1:55:19 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  3/6/2008 1:55:19 AM

We have stopped supporting Drive mapping over the Internet due to the inherent problems with this approach.

When network is slow or inaccessible, it can freeze your desktop or if you are saving a large file to an online drive, and if the network becomes unavailable, your application can be locked or crashed and causing loss of data.

It is also slow saving files to online drive directly. DriveHQ has since developed a much better product: DriveHQ FileManager. It also bundles DriveHQ Desktop Express, which maps a My DriveHQ folder in your "My Computer" folder allowing easy accessing DriveHQ storage from Windows Explorer.

For saving files directly to DriveHQ, you can open files within FileManager, and when finished editing, simply save it and the file will be synced back to DriveHQ storage. You can also create a synchronized folder using FileManager; so you can save files to a local folder and FileManager can automatically sync them to DriveHQ storage.

You can also try FTP folder using DriveHQ FTP. From Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer, enter the following URL:

ftp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@ftp.drivehq.com/

I have legacy software (still using DOS drive letter notation) that I use at multiple sites.  This is the primary driver for my interest in DriveHQ.  I noted you said the drive letter mapping is no longer available.  Unfortunately that makes the product not meet my needs.  I did see your reference to mapping an ftp drive.  I did this, unfortunately, I am having an issue in that I am not able to map that ftp drive to a drive letter.  Do you know of any work around?  My software requires mapping to a file on a local drive so it needs to see a drive letter.

9/5/2008 11:37:02 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003