x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 26320/3
Although the Tools menu on DHQ Filemanager offers some useful things like "Manage my share" etc  it is not very clear which folders I am using on my local drive which are linked with folders I am looking at on the online drive.  Also, at a glance, it is not possible to tell what type of sync or share underlies the nature of that link. You have to go to the properties of the folder on the online side and you have to remember where the folder is on the local drive.  May I suggest two improvements to DHQ Filemanager on this front?

1. Implement "find local folder" functionality for right button on the online folders and vice-versa for the local folders.

2. Some kind of colour-coding or shape coding which tells you at a glance whether you are looking at a synced folder, shared folder and the level of share.  You could also have a similar system for backed up folders and DHQ Filemanager would be the place to do it all. 

By way of comparison, Carbonite has an approach which adapts all of the icons in the file management for the operating system on your local computer.  The ability to tell at a glance by looking at the file icon what kind of online/local relationship it carries is very useful. However, the Carbonite approach has shortcomings and I am sure you could improve on it. Being able to discover the exact online/local mapping of any folder with the click of a button would be very helpful.

12/21/2007 1:22:28 AM

Simon - great comments!

I have forwarded your comments to our chief engineer. Hopefully the next version will have these features.

12/22/2007 12:05:59 AM

pls Help me use proper 

3/13/2012 1:00:27 AM

User: himanshu0153  -  3/13/2012 1:00:27 AM

pls Help me use proper 

Sorry, we could not make any sense of what you wrote.  Please email support@drivehq.com if you need assistance. 

3/13/2012 9:19:43 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003