x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 39288/4

Is it possible to use Drive Headquarters to "host" a QuickBooks file or files. I need to access my company QuickBooks file from multiple locations. Each user has their own licensed copy of QB. What I want to be able to do is to have the bookkeeper make the entries in the file from location A, then my accountant to review the file from location B and finally for me to view the file and pull reports from location C.

I am NOT trying to host the QB program on DriveHQ, just the file. Are there any known issues with this? Does the user have to download the file each time, make the entries needed etc, and then re-upload?

Any detailed information would be appreciated.

6/5/2011 12:50:12 AM

You can host your Quickbooks file on DriveHQ.  It is recommended you download and use File Manager (https://drivehq.com/downloads/downloads.aspx).  When opening the file, it will be downloaded to a cache folder.  When you save the file, it will be uploaded back to DriveHQ.  Please sign up for a free account if you wish to trial the service first. 

6/6/2011 12:17:27 PM

Assuming we have a multiuser license, and quickbooks is loaded on each machine, can we access the HQ quickbooks file and post transactions to it without downloading?  Can we have ap posting invoicing, and someone else running reports at the same time from 2 different machines?

mike

4/3/2012 2:04:26 PM

Hi Mike.  Files must always be downloaded to your machine before you can open and edit them.  When you use file manager and open a quickbooks file, it will first be downloaded to your computer (into a cache folder that is invisible to you unless you look for it).  When you save it in quickbooks, it will save to the cache folder and automatically send back to DriveHQ.  The entire process is seamless.  Please feel free to try this out with a free account.   

4/3/2012 3:26:26 PM

User: DriveHQ Customer Support  -  6/6/2011 12:17:27 PM

You can host your Quickbooks file on DriveHQ.  It is recommended you download and use File Manager (https://drivehq.com/downloads/downloads.aspx).  When opening the file, it will be downloaded to a cache folder.  When you save the file, it will be uploaded back to DriveHQ.  Please sign up for a free account if you wish to trial the service first. 

I am trying to do the same thing.  I have located my company files on my local hard drive, but there are several different types of files in addition to my main company file (an LGB File, a ndfile, a tlg file, and a Data Source Name file)... which files do I transfer to the DriveHQ drive?

7/16/2012 1:55:06 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003