x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 37824/4

I purchased a paid version (5GB) only for getting my camera to upload files to the FTP server.

However, in your instructions, it says "create a seperate folder for each camera". How do I do that and how do I link that folder to my camera?

6/21/2012 5:29:56 AM

Also to be noted is my camera should upload video feeds to the server, not just images.

Is anything wrong with the settings in the screenshot?

6/21/2012 11:21:03 AM

Sorry for our slow response. Our engineers have been working very hard to launch a new service designed for security cameras:

www.cameraftp.com

In the future, we'd like to support IP cameras on the new site only. It should be much easier for camera users as DriveHQ.com's main service is Cloud IT service, which has too many features, but are not useful to camera users.

DriveHQ.com will continue supporting all existing camera users. New users shall use www.cameraftp.com.

Regarding your question of "How do I do that (create a folder) and how do I link that folder to my camera?", you can easily create a folder on DriveHQ.com website. I don't think you need any support to create a folder on DriveHQ.com. You can also create a folder using DriveHQ FileManager 5.0 client software.

Now about how to link that folder to your camera, based on the screenshot, I cannot answer your question. The FTP configuration screen does not allow input a folder name. Please contact your camera manufacturer asking them how to specify a folder name.

>>> Also to be noted is my camera should upload video feeds to the server, not just images.

We recommend uploading only images. DriveHQ has a CameraShow feature, which can play recorded images.

-----------

In general, if you have any setup questions about your camera, it is better to contact your camera manufacturer. Why? because there are so many different IP cameras. DriveHQ support staff are not familiar with most camera models. On the other hand, FTP service / protocol is standard, and your camera manufacturer is very familiar with their own cameras, they must know how to configure FTP. All you need to tell them is DriveHQ's camera FTP server address, which is cameraftp.drivehq.com.

6/23/2012 2:34:53 AM

OK I just signed up for the free account to test my cameras ability to upload to FTP it was working and later it would not upload any more images. Referencing the above "New users shall use www.cameraftp.com."  was it my camera or did you block my camera from uploading images? I need to know before I sign up for your cameraftp.com site and find out my camera is the reason for failure to upload to FTP. I was able to upload an image from my local hard drive it's just the camera that can now not upload to ylour FTP.

11/10/2012 10:18:54 PM

I checked your account. It is a DriveHQ account. Please note DriveHQ offers Cloud IT service, which is designed for SMBs.

For security cameras, please use our CameraFTP.com service. You need to sign up a new account on www.cameraftp.com using a different username and password. CameraFTP.com offers 2-day free trial. After 2 days, you must order a subscription.

11/10/2012 11:48:31 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003