x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 23568/3
I have disabled Norton, rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled 4.0 but still cannot resolve this problem. The program logs in fine. When I click to create a backup task, while Loading Folder List, the software crashes and asks whether or not to send the error report. Other machines in the house are getting backed up just fine with Norton running. Windows XP SP2. Please help.

4/12/2008 12:59:09 PM

So you have multiple PCs and the problem only happens on one PC? Could you please provide more details about the problem? Which folder you tried to load? Is it a local folder, or a network folder? Also please email us a screenshot of the crash screen.

Note the new Online Backup 4.0 has two components: one is the GUI applications, which you use to create, edit and manage tasks; the other component is the backupService.exe process, which runs in the background and actually gets your files backed up.

With Online Backup 4.0, you can log off your computer or quit the GUI application; the backup service process will continue running (You must be a premium member).

In your particular case, the error might be caused by some corrupted backup task info file. You can delete all cached settings / files and try again from the scratch. To delete all DriveHQ Online Backup cached settings / files, please find this folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data\DriveHQ\GlobalData\

Delete the above folder. Then find the folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data\DriveHQ\DriveHQ Online Backup\

Keep the file PCInfo.dat and delete all other files and folders in the above folder;

---------------------------------

If you upgraded from Version 3.8, please also find the folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_WINDOW_USERNAME\Application Data\DriveHQ\GlobalData\

and delete the above folder and all files / folders in it; then find the folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data\DriveHQ\DriveHQ Online Backup\

Keep the file PCInfo.dat and delete all other files and folders in the above folder.

Once you have done so, please restart your PC and try again.

4/12/2008 3:13:02 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  4/12/2008 3:13:02 PM

So you have multiple PCs and the problem only happens on one PC? Could you please provide more details about the problem? Which folder you tried to load? Is it a local folder, or a network folder? Also please email us a screenshot of the crash screen.

Note the new Online Backup 4.0 has two components: one is the GUI applications, which you use to create, edit and manage tasks; the other component is the backupService.exe process, which runs in the background and actually gets your files backed up.

With Online Backup 4.0, you can log off your computer or quit the GUI application; the backup service process will continue running (You must be a premium member).

In your particular case, the error might be caused by some corrupted backup task info file. You can delete all cached settings / files and try again from the scratch. To delete all DriveHQ Online Backup cached settings / files, please find this folder:

Keep the file PCInfo.dat and delete all other files and folders in the above folder;

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_WINDOW_USERNAME\Application Data\DriveHQ\GlobalData\

and delete the above folder and all files / folders in it; then find the folder:

Keep the file PCInfo.dat and delete all other files and folders in the above folder.

Thank you but the problem is not resolved. As soon as I attempt to create a backup tack from this PC, DriveHQ crashes. I will email a screen shot to you. If I cannot back up this computer, the software is of no use to the family and I will need a refund.

4/19/2008 12:07:14 PM

User: hismyra  -  4/19/2008 12:07:14 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  4/12/2008 3:13:02 PM

Thank you but the problem is not resolved. As soon as I attempt to create a backup tack from this PC, DriveHQ crashes. I will email a screen shot to you. If I cannot back up this computer, the software is of no use to the family and I will need a refund.

Well, if this problem happens again, it is almost certain that you have some anti-virus software that blocked DriveHQ Online Backup from accessing your local files / folders. In this case, please stop anti-virus software / security software when you are creating a backup task. After the backup task is created, you can turn on anti-virus again.

If you have another PC, please try it on another PC and see if how it goes. We have a lot of users using Online Backup 4.0; this kind of problem is extremely unlikely by itself. We haven't heard such problem from any other people so far. If you can compare this PC with another PC, you might be able to find the cause more easily.

FYI, starting from Online Backup 4.0, the real backup task is performed by a service process. So even if you close DriveHQ Online Backup 4.0 GUI, or log off your PC, backup can continue running in the background.

4/20/2008 3:39:05 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003