x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 25566/3
  • j&j
  • (3 posts)

Hi, how can I share files using FTP with my clients who are not a drivehq member? thx

11/28/2006 11:18:28 AM

You can share files with others very easily on DriveHQ.com or FileManager client software. To share a folder, simple click on the folder you want to share, and then click on "Share" buttin in the toolbar. A notitification email will be sent to the recipients. The email includes a link to access the shared folder.

Using FTP, it is recommended to use Group Account to share with other people. Note you can upgrade your account to a group account for free! Just logon www.drivehq.com, click on My Account and then Group Account.

Once your account becomes a group account, you can create sub-users. These sub-users can logon DriveHQ FTP service with their own logon name and password. By default, the system automatically creates two shared folders: GroupRead and GroupWrite.

The GroupRead allows read-only access for group members except the group owner; the groupWrite gives full access (Read/Write) to all group members.

Other users can logon www.drivehq.com or ftp.drivehq.com with the sub-user name and password. He can then access the shared files in \DriveHQShare\GROUP_OWNER_NAME\GroupWrite\

11/28/2006 3:41:16 PM

• j&j
  • (3 posts)

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  11/28/2006 3:41:16 PM

You can share files with others very easily on DriveHQ.com or FileManager client software. To share a folder, simple click on the folder you want to share, and then click on "Share" buttin in the toolbar. A notitification email will be sent to the recipients. The email includes a link to access the shared folder.

Using FTP, it is recommended to use Group Account to share with other people. Note you can upgrade your account to a group account for free! Just logon www.drivehq.com, click on My Account and then Group Account.

Once your account becomes a group account, you can create sub-users. These sub-users can logon DriveHQ FTP service with their own logon name and password. By default, the system automatically creates two shared folders: GroupRead and GroupWrite.

The GroupRead allows read-only access for group members except the group owner; the groupWrite gives full access (Read/Write) to all group members.

Other users can logon www.drivehq.com or ftp.drivehq.com with the sub-user name and password. He can then access the shared files in \DriveHQShare\GROUP_OWNER_NAME\GroupWrite\

Thanks.

More question: Can I share files with anonymous FTP without logon? Thank you!

11/28/2006 5:01:26 PM

User: j&j  -  11/28/2006 5:01:26 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  11/28/2006 3:41:16 PM

Thanks.

More question: Can I share files with anonymous FTP without logon? Thank you!

Yes. You just need to publish your folder. Please note you must be a "True" member to publish folders. To become a true member, either subscribe to our premium service, or use a real verifiable corporate email address. Using hotmail, gmail or Yahoo emails, etc. will only get you a "Free" account and cannot publish folders.

One a folder is published, it can be accessed with this URL:

ftp://ftp.drivehq.com/USERNAME/PUBLISHNAME/FILENAME

11/29/2006 4:44:48 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003