x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 33333/3

Using mac os x, I have tried classicFTP, crossFTP, and FileZilla FTP clients to connect via ftp. None have worked. Mac OS X's client works, so I know I have the correct address, username, and passowed. However, OS X's client only allows read only access.

Sidenote:

I use intuit web hosting but it does not allow ftp and does not allow clicking and dragging to upload folders(you have to add each folder by name and then drag the contents, making a simple click and drag operation into a 1 hr debacle), nor does it allow things like %20 in its file/folder structure.

So I am looking for easy solutions on the side to host files where I can click and drag with an FTP client.

I want to try the service to see it's ease of use, then I can purchase if I like it, as I will likely need more disk space.

11/23/2012 4:20:14 PM

We have tested FileZilla on MAC, and it worked fine. Please try FileZilla again and email us the detailed FTP log info.

Alternatively, you can try DriveHQ FileManager for Mac. It is easier to use than FTP as you don't need to configure FTP server information. It supports drag and drop, and it is seamlessly integrated with our Cloud IT service, so you can easily share folders to other users and set different permissions.

www.drivehq.com/downloads/downloads.aspx#MacSoftware

( If you have a paid account, you can also try a different FTP site: proftp.drivehq.com, which is reserved for paid members only. )

11/26/2012 6:12:19 PM

User: DriveHQSupport  -  11/26/2012 6:12:19 PM

We have tested FileZilla on MAC, and it worked fine. Please try FileZilla again and email us the detailed FTP log info.

Alternatively, you can try DriveHQ FileManager for Mac. It is easier to use than FTP as you don't need to configure FTP server information. It supports drag and drop, and it is seamlessly integrated with our Cloud IT service, so you can easily share folders to other users and set different permissions.

( If you have a paid account, you can also try a different FTP site: proftp.drivehq.com, which is reserved for paid members only. )

Thank you. 

Also, I accidentally dragged and dropped my wwwhome folder into my 'My Documets' folder and I can't seem to undo it.

11/27/2012 4:06:56 PM

User: hsquaredphotoservice  -  11/27/2012 4:06:56 PM

User: DriveHQSupport  -  11/26/2012 6:12:19 PM

Thank you. 

Also, I accidentally dragged and dropped my wwwhome folder into my 'My Documets' folder and I can't seem to undo it.

If you moved the "wwwhome" folder using FTP, then dependent on your FTP client software, the original folder could have been deleted and re-created in the new location. You should be able to drag and drop the folder back to the original location. If not, you can copy the folder to the original location. If it still does not work, you can certainly log on www.drivehq.com website to do so.  DriveHQ FileManager 5.2 client software is tightly integrated with our cloud IT service. It is easier than other FTP client software, and It has more features than other FTP client software. You can drag and drop the folder back to the original location using DriveHQ FileManager.

Now the "wwwhome" folder is used to store your website files if you use our Web Hosting service. After you put the folder back to the original location, you need to double check if your website is still working. If not, you need to disable your website and re-enable it.

11/30/2012 9:54:06 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003