x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 22576/2

May I enquire as follows:

1. When viewing my files on the Internet the grey box always says "The document cannot be previewed". Why is that? I can of course continue and open the files within the packages in which they were originally created.

2. When I encrypt a file I cannot open it on the Internet site. I can always see it on the DriveHQWWWBackup but I am never asked for the encryption key code. At what stage is one supposed to be asked for the key?

Many thanks ..... it is a great prog. to find.

Bernard

1/2/2007 1:34:51 PM

(1) Some files (Images, text, html, flash, streaming media files) can be directly viewed in IE, while others require external applications. If the files cannot be previewed in IE, it displays cannot be previewed. But of course, you can view it from the application that created the file.

(2) Please note DriveHQ encrypted folder is very secure and private as your files are encrypted locally before it is uploaded. The encryption key is never sent over the network. DriveHQ client applications cache the encryption key locally; when you upload files, they are encrypted and then uploaded; when you down the files, they are downloaded and then decrypted automatically using the cached key.

If you need to access the files from another PC, then you need to enter the encryption key. If a hacker gets access to your encrypted files, he must also have the key to decrypt it.

1/2/2007 6:04:41 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  1/2/2007 6:04:41 PM

(1) Some files (Images, text, html, flash, streaming media files) can be directly viewed in IE, while others require external applications. If the files cannot be previewed in IE, it displays cannot be previewed. But of course, you can view it from the application that created the file.

(2) Please note DriveHQ encrypted folder is very secure and private as your files are encrypted locally before it is uploaded. The encryption key is never sent over the network. DriveHQ client applications cache the encryption key locally; when you upload files, they are encrypted and then uploaded; when you down the files, they are downloaded and then decrypted automatically using the cached key.

If you need to access the files from another PC, then you need to enter the encryption key. If a hacker gets access to your encrypted files, he must also have the key to decrypt it.

Many thanks....appreciate your response.

Bernard

1/3/2007 3:46:10 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003