x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 26714/4

Is it possible to use the encryption used by drivehq.com in automated FTP scripts?

6/11/2008 5:47:47 PM

Sorry, data encryption is supported only through DriveHQ FileManager and DriveHQ Online Backup.

6/11/2008 6:16:56 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  6/11/2008 6:16:56 PM

Sorry, data encryption is supported only through DriveHQ FileManager and DriveHQ Online Backup.

6/11/2008 6:58:01 PM

User: surfdog1958  -  6/11/2008 6:58:01 PM

>>> How about using your own method of encryption?  Wouldn't that work for any folder, not just the "My Encrypted Data" folder?  What other common forms of encryption are there besides PGP, if you happen to know the answer to this?  Thanks.  >>>>

We plan to release a command-line tool in the future. For now, sorry, it must be the "My Encrypted Data" folder, and it has to use DriveHQ FileManager and Online Backup.

Please note when you use the Encrypted Folder feature, all files are encrypted locally before they are uploaded to DriveHQ server. Thus the files are extremely secure as the encrytion key is never uploaded to DriveHQ server. The problem is: once a fie is uploaded, if you change the encryption key, you must re-upload the file to update the encryption key. Otherwise, files already uploaded will remain to be encrypted with the old key.

Another drawback of encrypted folder is: you cannot preview encrypted files using a regular web browser. You must use DriveHQ FileManager and / or DriveHQ Online Backup.

If you just want to encrypt data for transferring, then using HTTPS / SSL will be good.

(Sorry I am not familiar with other encrytion tools)

6/12/2008 2:23:00 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  6/12/2008 2:23:00 AM

User: surfdog1958  -  6/11/2008 6:58:01 PM

>>> How about using your own method of encryption?  Wouldn't that work for any folder, not just the "My Encrypted Data" folder?  What other common forms of encryption are there besides PGP, if you happen to know the answer to this?  Thanks.  >>>>

We plan to release a command-line tool in the future. For now, sorry, it must be the "My Encrypted Data" folder, and it has to use DriveHQ FileManager and Online Backup.

Please note when you use the Encrypted Folder feature, all files are encrypted locally before they are uploaded to DriveHQ server. Thus the files are extremely secure as the encrytion key is never uploaded to DriveHQ server. The problem is: once a fie is uploaded, if you change the encryption key, you must re-upload the file to update the encryption key. Otherwise, files already uploaded will remain to be encrypted with the old key.

Another drawback of encrypted folder is: you cannot preview encrypted files using a regular web browser. You must use DriveHQ FileManager and / or DriveHQ Online Backup.

If you just want to encrypt data for transferring, then using HTTPS / SSL will be good.

(Sorry I am not familiar with other encrytion tools)

DriveHQ has released a command-line FTP client: DriveHQ Command FTP. For more detailed info, please visit:

https://www.drivehq.com/DriveHQ-KB/ftp/Command-line_FTP_Scripting.aspx

DriveHQ Command FTP is designed to replace the default Windows FTP client. It has the following advantages:

• 1. It supports both active and passive mode FTP.
  • 2. It supports FTP over SSL (FTPS & FTPES) and SFTP.
  • 3. It supports automatic resuming/retrying.
  • 4. It supports data compression and encryption.
  • 5. It supports downloading/uploading folders.
  • 6. It supports mirroring/synchronizing folders.
  • 7. It supports event logging for auditing and trouble shooting.
  • 8. It can send email reports after an operation.
  • 9. It supports more powerful FTP scripts.

6/17/2019 5:45:44 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003