x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 26307/4

Hello DriveHQ,

I renamed one of my encrypted backup tasks, but now it is showing that there are 0MB on the server for that task. When I press start, it wants to start the upload from scratch, but there's not enough room. Is there a way to associate my backup task with the data on the server again, so it just incrementally backs up? I imagine something similar is done when people send their data on USB drives.

Many thanks,

Todd

6/24/2008 1:02:43 PM

I should also mention that I tried to rename the task again back to the original name, but still the same problem. It wanted to start the upload all over again.

6/24/2008 1:07:18 PM

User: todd.sullivan  -  6/24/2008 1:07:18 PM

I should also mention that I tried to rename the task again back to the original name, but still the same problem. It wanted to start the upload all over again.

I noticed in another post that if there's not enough space, I may have to delete the data from the server and start again. Is this correct?

Many thanks,

Todd

6/24/2008 11:53:38 PM

User: todd.sullivan  -  6/24/2008 11:53:38 PM

I noticed in another post that if there's not enough space, I may have to delete the data from the server and start again. Is this correct?

Many thanks,

Todd

We are verifying the previous bug you reported.

As of not having enough storage, please consider the following:

(1) It is recommended to have at least 30% of free storage. Because DriveHQ Online Backup can keep multiple file versions, so it can use more storage space than the size of your original source files.

(2) If you need to backup a very large task, and if you cannot wait for the task to finish, then it is recommended to divide the big backup task into multiple smaller backup tasks.

Dividing a big task into smaller tasks can make the backup tasks more reliable and more independent. It also makes it easier if you need to fix any possible task error.

If you have not deleted your Backup Set on server, then you probably can reconnect to the Backup Set on server by re-creating the task with the same task name and the same source folders/files.

You can delete the backup set on server when you delete the backup task from DriveHQ Online Backup (in the Manage Tasks screen). You can also delete the backup sets online using a web browser or DriveHQ FileManager 4.0 client software. By default, the regular backup sets are stored in \DriveHQData\DriveHQ WWWBackup\Data folder; the encrypted backup sets are stored in \My Document\My Encrypted Data\ folder.

6/25/2008 1:33:05 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  6/25/2008 1:33:05 AM

User: todd.sullivan  -  6/24/2008 11:53:38 PM

Many thanks,

Todd

We are verifying the previous bug you reported.

As of not having enough storage, please consider the following:

(1) It is recommended to have at least 30% of free storage. Because DriveHQ Online Backup can keep multiple file versions, so it can use more storage space than the size of your original source files.

(2) If you need to backup a very large task, and if you cannot wait for the task to finish, then it is recommended to divide the big backup task into multiple smaller backup tasks.

Dividing a big task into smaller tasks can make the backup tasks more reliable and more independent. It also makes it easier if you need to fix any possible task error.

If you have not deleted your Backup Set on server, then you probably can reconnect to the Backup Set on server by re-creating the task with the same task name and the same source folders/files.

You can delete the backup set on server when you delete the backup task from DriveHQ Online Backup (in the Manage Tasks screen). You can also delete the backup sets online using a web browser or DriveHQ FileManager 4.0 client software. By default, the regular backup sets are stored in \DriveHQData\DriveHQ WWWBackup\Data folder; the encrypted backup sets are stored in \My Document\My Encrypted Data\ folder.

It looks like I've fixed the problem.

I renamed the folder on the server to the 2nd name I chose for the task. (I already tried deleting the task and creating a new one with the same original name.) Then I created the task again and called it the 2nd name I chose as well. After refreshing the task list, it finally said that it was partly backed up. So I started the task again, and now it's incrementally backing up, which is great.

It seems that whatever data is stored linking the task to the online folder remembered the 2nd name, not the original name. When I ran tests on a very small backup, this wasn't the case. I had to create a new task with the original name.

Anyway, it's fixed now. Thanks very much for the advice!

6/25/2008 3:55:01 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003