x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 51723/6

Using Filemanager 5.2 on all clients I have the same sync jobs set up on each machine under different users.

USING OWNER ACCOUNT:

When I create a file on one client, it syncs fine to the others.

If I rename the file, the file disappears briefly and then I end up with two files. One, the original, and one the renamed (copy).

If I try to delete any files using FileManager, it disappears briefly from the client and from the cloud before reappearing again on both.

The same goes for deleting the file via the cloud account. It disappears briefly from the client and cloud before reappearing.

What am I doing wrong? This is very frustrating.

12/17/2013 3:40:07 PM

It appears you have a lot of users synchronizing to the same cloud folder. Please make sure that you are all using the latest version DriveHQ FileManager. (Right now it is version5.2 Build 382).

If the problem still happens, I believe it is because you have one user who does not allow the files to be deleted, which causes the files to be re-synced to other computers.

To further pinpoint the problem, please create a test sync task to sync a small folder on the cloud with two computers. You can then delete a file from one computer and see if it deletes the file from the cloud and then deletes the file from another computer.

If it works this way, then it means the synchronization works fine. The file coming back after deletion must be caused by some manual action. You can check with other users to find who caused the problem. Please feel free to email DriveHQ support directly if you have any more questions.

12/18/2013 3:09:50 AM

I am actually shocked at the inconsistancies in the syncing. I have done extensive testing and here are some of my results.

I have now limited the setup to two laptops. They are the only active connections.
I have the same sync job set up on both. (realtime, overwrite older, both directions, excluding "*.tmp|*.part|~*.*|")
Both running 5.2
Both logged in as the owner account.
Both cleared all cached items.

For my testing I am only working in FileExplorer and always refreshing the windows as I go.
I create a text file on the one. It successfully creates it on the other machine.
I then edit the file and add some more text to it. This does not replicate through no matter what I do. I manually sync it .... but nothing.
I now have a file on both sides but with different content.
If I delete the one file, it does not delete it from the other machine. Once again I also tried refreshing and manually, but it wont budge.

I once again create a text file on the one machine with some text in it and it appears on the other.
While this file is now identical, I delete it from the one machine and it deletes it from the other.

So now I bring a third machine online. This machine is logged in as a different DriveHQ user. It is running 5.2 with exactly the same job set up as above. Cleared cache etc.
This account syncronises fine and I get the text files and it is identical to the cloud.
I add some text to the file.
It syncs quickly to the cloud and to one of the laptops, but not the other one.

So now I disconnect all thee machines and restart FileExplorer on the one that did not sync.I run the sync job manually, but the file does not update. 
I then clear the cache, try again, but no luck.
So at this point I cannot get this machine to get the changed file on the cloud to sync to local.

I have no idea what to make of it.

12/18/2013 8:04:28 AM

Is there another way of getting to this problem in a speedier fassion? I am desperate to get this resolved.

12/19/2013 11:16:13 AM

Hi Josiane, I am a little confused when you say "File Explorer", do you mean DriveHQ FileManager?

File Explorer is for resellers and it is slightly different from FileManager. Please check your FileManager Version and Build Number. The latest version as of now is 5.2 Build 382.

In your case, if the problem can be duplicated consistently on one computer, we can offer you remote desktop support. Please contact DriveHQ customer support via email or phone.

12/19/2013 11:52:55 AM

My apologies. Yes we are using DriveHQ FileManager Build 382 on all machines.

12/19/2013 1:03:39 PM

I have phoned support only to have to leave a message and someone will return my call.
It is difficult to have the whole testing environment ready to do a support call, so I cant have it ready and wait for the call.
Is there a way for me to contact support on another number or get hold of someone at a specific time?
We are based in UK/South Africa, so an internationial (non-800) would be better.

12/20/2013 12:41:01 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003