x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 23881/3

If I sync folders between local and the server, with all the data is then mirrired on the server, isn't that just as good as having them backed up via Backup 3.0?  Am I missing something incremental that a true "backup" would do?

Thanks

1/20/2007 3:54:34 PM

Sync is a kind ofquick and easy backup; however it is not as safe as a true backup. The problems with Sync are:

(1) If you accidentally delete a file locally, the remote file will also be deleted;

(2) You cannot keep file version history as WWWBackup 3.5 can;

(3) Sync is two-way, and happens in near real-time. WWWBackup 3.5 works one way, i.e. backup local files to remote storage only, not the other direction. I also allows you to schedule a task to be run in a future time,or  recurring time.

Both FileManager 3.5 Sync and WWWBackup 3.5 supports incremental backup and resuming of interrupted uploads. However, the latest version WWWBackup 3.5 also supports backing up Outlook Emails and locked files.

1/20/2007 4:15:05 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  1/20/2007 4:15:05 PM

Sync is a kind ofquick and easy backup; however it is not as safe as a true backup. The problems with Sync are:

(1) If you accidentally delete a file locally, the remote file will also be deleted;

(3) Sync is two-way, and happens in near real-time. WWWBackup 3.5 works one way, i.e. backup local files to remote storage only, not the other direction. I also allows you to schedule a task to be run in a future time,or  recurring time.

Both FileManager 3.5 Sync and WWWBackup 3.5 supports incremental backup and resuming of interrupted uploads. However, the latest version WWWBackup 3.5 also supports backing up Outlook Emails and locked files.

You guys are amazing.  Timely support on a real cool product, I don't know why I hadn't heard of you earlier. 

Followup questions.  One, if you uncheck the "Don't ask for delete..." box in sync wouldn't that notify you before deleting the file on the server?

Two, can you explain the benefit/usage of the sync SERVER to LOCAL?

And three, how do you delete an existing backup? When I try to do so normally, it mentions that if done that way some files may cause problems.  The backup is redundant with the sync and takes up space counting towards my limit.

Thanks again.

1/20/2007 5:18:02 PM

User: majecdad  -  1/20/2007 5:18:02 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  1/20/2007 4:15:05 PM

You guys are amazing.  Timely support on a real cool product, I don't know why I hadn't heard of you earlier. 

Followup questions.  One, if you uncheck the "Don't ask for delete..." box in sync wouldn't that notify you before deleting the file on the server?

Two, can you explain the benefit/usage of the sync SERVER to LOCAL?

And three, how do you delete an existing backup? When I try to do so normally, it mentions that if done that way some files may cause problems.  The backup is redundant with the sync and takes up space counting towards my limit.

Thanks again.

Thank you. We are getting more famous now. We are now one of the most popular online storage service providers.

>>> Followup questions.  One, if you uncheck the "Don't ask for delete..." box in sync wouldn't that notify you before deleting the file on the server?

If you check it, it should delete remote files automatically if you delete local synchronized files.

>>>Two, can you explain the benefit/usage of the sync SERVER to LOCAL?

This is useful if you have two PCs that need to be sync-ed. For example you have a laptop and a desktop PC; or if you want to sync files among different user accounts / PCs.

>>> And three, how do you delete an existing backup? When I try to do so normally, it mentions that if done that way some files may cause problems.  The backup is redundant with the sync and takes up space counting towards my limit.

Normally, you should delete a backup task from WWWBackup. Logon WWWBackup, click on Manage Tasks. Select a backup task and delete it. You can leave the backed up sets on server; in your case, please delete the backup sets on server as well.

1/21/2007 11:50:38 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003