x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 29779/5

Ive been using the file manager for couple years now with no problems. Got a new laptop running vista Ultimate 32 bit and have a few problems. 1st, installed File manager 4.0 and where i used to be able to open an excel file, modify it, and exit saving changes, the new changes would overwrite the old on the server perfectly with no intervention.  Now, the excel status bar shows that its saving but the driveHq file manager save status bar does not pop up, and when i re-open the file from file manager it reverts back to the excel file with no changes made to it.  So I figured maybe it was a problem with v4.0 and I un-installed it and installed v3.5 which I was running on the old computer and all my other computers. As soon as I installed v3.5, Everything worked perfect again.... that is until I shut down the comp and restarted it again.  Once restarted, my windows explorer freaked out totally and ran a continuous loop message saying "Windows Explorer has stopped working, And  will restart.. allowing me to do absolutely nothing at all.  This would continuously run until I restarted in safe mode and uninstalled file manager manually (the driveHq uninstaller would not work).  I tried these two versions about 3 times each with no luck, and now Im back to v4.0 as at least my computer will function properly but still no luck with saving the edited excel files.  Ive tried with excel 2003 and 2007 and no luck with either one.  Any help would be appreciated as I've used driveHq file manager and backup on a daily basis for a couple years now and up until now, the software has been perfect for my needs and I don't want to have to change services because of this.     Thank You for your time, Vince

7/14/2008 10:05:22 PM

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please make sure you use the latest version. The client software should be working fine.

We added a new powerful server a couple days ago, however, it was not properly configured, which might have caused your problem. Please try to stop FileManager (or reboot) and then try again.

7/15/2008 11:44:25 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  7/15/2008 11:44:25 AM

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please make sure you use the latest version. The client software should be working fine.

We added a new powerful server a couple days ago, however, it was not properly configured, which might have caused your problem. Please try to stop FileManager (or reboot) and then try again.

Ok, File Manager still not saving to DriveHQ.  I installed v4.0 onto another new vista ultimate comp and it works fine, so its not an OS issue. Ive totally removed and reinstalled File Manager 3 times and still nothing. Ive checked norton antivirus to make sure its not blocking and all was normal.  One thing Ive noticed is when I installed file manager onto the other vista laptop, after saving the excel sheet and closing the sheet, I was promped with a message asking something along the lines of  "You have changed the file"xxx" in the local cache, File manager can automatically save the file back to server, ok?"  with a YES - NO option and a check box saying "Don't display next time".  Maybe the "NO" option was selected and the "Dont display next time" option was checked  but I cant seem to figure out how to get that message to show itself again.  Do you know how I can get it to show again?  Reinstalling the program will not bring it up again so I figure the setting is saved on the server or somewhere deep in the computer or something!  Thanks..

7/19/2008 4:28:47 AM

User: aeromk  -  7/19/2008 4:28:47 AM

Ok, File Manager still not saving to DriveHQ.  I installed v4.0 onto another new vista ultimate comp and it works fine, so its not an OS issue. Ive totally removed and reinstalled File Manager 3 times and still nothing. Ive checked norton antivirus to make sure its not blocking and all was normal.  One thing Ive noticed is when I installed file manager onto the other vista laptop, after saving the excel sheet and closing the sheet, I was promped with a message asking something along the lines of  "You have changed the file"xxx" in the local cache, File manager can automatically save the file back to server, ok?"  with a YES - NO option and a check box saying "Don't display next time".  Maybe the "NO" option was selected and the "Dont display next time" option was checked  but I cant seem to figure out how to get that message to show itself again.  Do you know how I can get it to show again?  Reinstalling the program will not bring it up again so I figure the setting is saved on the server or somewhere deep in the computer or something!  Thanks..

Well, that might be the reason. I will check with our engineers and product manager.

In the meantime, there are a couple of options:

1. (Recommended) Setup a synchronized folder. You can do so by selecting a folder and click on the Synchronize button on FileManager.

2. Setup an automatic real-time backup task using DriveHQ Online Backup 4.0;

3. You can use FTP folder. Some software can save files directly to an FTP folder. You can use Windows Explorer, type in:

ftp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@ftp.drivehq.com/

You can also use some 3rd party software to map DriveHQ FTP as a drive. Be careful that it could lock your PC if network is slow or un-reliable.

7/19/2008 9:25:07 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  7/19/2008 9:25:07 AM

Well, that might be the reason. I will check with our engineers and product manager.

1. (Recommended) Setup a synchronized folder. You can do so by selecting a folder and click on the Synchronize button on FileManager.

3. You can use FTP folder. Some software can save files directly to an FTP folder. You can use Windows Explorer, type in:

You can also use some 3rd party software to map DriveHQ FTP as a drive. Be careful that it could lock your PC if network is slow or un-reliable.

Ok, were on the same page, I had set up sync folders last night to hold over until this issue was resolved.. Although I searched all of drivehq up and down for a couple hours trying to find the way into that option form, I was hoping that it would be a quick fix right under my nose and I just missed it!!     Thanks for your time..

7/19/2008 9:47:38 AM

User: aeromk  -  7/19/2008 9:47:38 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  7/19/2008 9:25:07 AM

Ok, were on the same page, I had set up sync folders last night to hold over until this issue was resolved.. Although I searched all of drivehq up and down for a couple hours trying to find the way into that option form, I was hoping that it would be a quick fix right under my nose and I just missed it!!     Thanks for your time..

Just checking if you made any progress with the file manager problem or figured out how to get that dialog box to appear again!   Thanks

7/29/2008 3:27:16 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003