x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
CameraFTP Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 1436/4
  • michaelakrugman
  • (3 posts)

Hello:  I've found several times the event message "Motion detected on camera <Undefined>.  Most of the time if there is a event message it does give the correct camera but I'm getting more and more of these along with the other two issues I've sent in.  Help is appreciated.

4/12/2017 2:40:09 PM

• CameraFTPSupport
  • (159 posts)
Subject: Re:Motion detected on camera

Hi Michael. 

Looking into your account, it appears that you have completely cleared our the event history log within your account, which unfortunately makes it impossible to test/troubleshoot the issue you have reported here. Please make sure that you do not delete these events, as they are necessary to have when troubleshooting your motion events. This will not have any effect on your physical activity, so there is no reason to delete the events. 

On another note - it appears that you have your camera setup to upload footage continuously even though you have ordered a camera for uploading only when motion is detected. If this is because you have the camera configured incorrectly, please fix it so that your camera is set to upload only when motion is detected. Alternatively, if this is uploading steadly simply because you have a lot of activity in your scene, you will need to upgrade your subscription to allow for continuous recording so you do not exceed accounts limits. 

Please get in touch with us again when you are experiencing your issue, and be sure not to erase your event log history. You will also want to fix that motion vs continuous issue so you do not run into problems down the road. 

Feel free to email us at support@cameraftp.com if you would like to troubleshoot with us directly. 

Best,
CameraFTP Support
www.CameraFTP.com

4/12/2017 3:21:21 PM

• michaelakrugman
  • (3 posts)

OK..I think I have the recording issue solved.  There isn't hardly any activity here as I live alone.  I had to set the sensitivity to 6 and that part seems OK now...there are events in the log with <undefined> in them.  I still have the issue not receiving push notifications.  It is enabled in my account and my phone does give correct permissions.  This was working yesterday but not at all today.  Thank you for your help.

4/12/2017 3:53:26 PM

• michaelakrugman
  • (3 posts)
Subject: Re: Motion detected....Can someone please respond?

User: michaelakrugman  -  4/12/2017 3:53:26 PM

OK..I think I have the recording issue solved.  There isn't hardly any activity here as I live alone.  I had to set the sensitivity to 6 and that part seems OK now...there are events in the log with <undefined> in them.  I still have the issue not receiving push notifications.  It is enabled in my account and my phone does give correct permissions.  This was working yesterday but not at all today.  Thank you for your help.

I created a post which was replied to, but I replied to your reply and have had no response for several days.  Can someone please respond to a paying customer?

4/14/2017 2:20:26 PM

• aparate
  • (1 posts)

Hi Michael, 

Apologies for the delayed response. In the future, please just email us at support@cameraftp.com if you are looking for more immediate support. This is our primary support channel. 

Regarding your push notification issue - this has been tested on our end and we can confirm it to be working with all tested account. This would lead us to believe that there was either a change with the application settings within the phone's settings app, or a compatibility issue occurred when the system detected your account overusage. Please first make sure that you have corrected your parameter overusage for your camera, and then go to uninstall/re-install the viewer application. You'll also want to double-check that push notifications are enabled on your device for this application. 

Note - at this point your camera still seems to be set to upload footage continuously even though your subscription was ordered to upload footage only when motion is detected. This will cause issue with your continued usage and any push notifications you expect to get. 

Please email us at support@cameraftp.com if you would like to troubleshoot more closely. 

Best,
CameraFTP Support
www.CameraFTP.com

4/14/2017 2:38:49 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not CameraFTP Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003