x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
CameraFTP Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 23852/1

I am running the CameraFTP Virtual Security System on a Compaq Presario CQ57 Notebook PC, AMD C-50 Processor 1 Ghz, 2 GB RAM 1.6GB usable, 64 bit, Windows 7 Home Premium operating system. I do not use this computer for anything else. I have a CameraFTP account. I have 4 camera licenses, I have used 3 licenses. The 3 licenses are for 3 USB cameras i have connected to the Notebook PC.

The problem is I can only get 2 cameras to be live in the Virtual Security System at one time. The third window is always trying to connect but never connects. The 3 cameras are all good. Any combination of 2 cameras will work but the 3rd camera will not connect.  I connect all 3 cameras' USB cables to a Belkin USB 2.0 7-port mobile powered hub F4U018-BLK which is properly powered and the hub has one USB cable going into the notebook PC.

Is anyone familiar with this problem? What is the largest number of USB cameras that anyone has successfully operated simultaneously on the Virtual Security System? What will I have to do to get a 3rd camera to work simultaneously?

7/29/2015 8:18:32 PM

Hello, 

VSS does not have any real formal limit for how many cameras can be connected; it is more a matter of your own bandwidth capacity. We have seen users with 5-10 camera running on VSS at one time. If you have a third camera that is not connecting, this would not be related with any restriction on CameraFTP. Please try installing the latest version of the VSS tool to see if this improves your experience. If not, please send an email to support@cameraftp.com so we can work with you on the issue more closely. 

CameraFTP Support

3/1/2018 5:35:10 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not CameraFTP Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003