x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
CameraFTP Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 23807/4

I need guidance on how to use cameraftp with Smart PSS - I do set it up and the Smart PSS FTP test function is positive but CameraFTP says the camera is empty.

I am very willing to pay for guidance, I have Fast internet and I am in Asia 6 hours ahead of the UK.

I am English and computer literate.

I can call you or use skype or any other means

Hopefully

Morris

6/21/2019 1:45:04 AM

You have correctly configured the FTP server and account information. However, you also need to configure the DVR (or IP camera) to actually upload data to the FTP server.

For motion recording, please click Video Detect, you can then configure motion detection and select the action (of uploading to FTP) when a motion is detected. 

For continuous recording, please select device, click Storage, then click Schedule, you can configure the snapshot option.

We are not very familiar with your "Dahua 4 Cam Smart PSS" DVR or IP camera, if you cannot solve it yourself, please send an email to CameraFTP support with the screenshots showing how you configured your DVR/Camera.

6/21/2019 12:41:21 PM

User: CameraFTPSupport  -  6/21/2019 12:41:21 PM

You have correctly configured the FTP server and account information. However, you also need to configure the DVR (or IP camera) to actually upload data to the FTP server.

For motion recording, please click Video Detect, you can then configure motion detection and select the action (of uploading to FTP) when a motion is detected. 

For continuous recording, please select device, click Storage, then click Schedule, you can configure the snapshot option.

We are not very familiar with your "Dahua 4 Cam Smart PSS" DVR or IP camera, if you cannot solve it yourself, please send an email to CameraFTP support with the screenshots showing how you configured your DVR/Camera.

Thanks very much for your reply!

I tried but did not succeed

I hve sent screenshots by email

6/21/2019 7:00:53 PM

User: morris108  -  6/21/2019 7:00:53 PM

User: CameraFTPSupport  -  6/21/2019 12:41:21 PM

Thanks very much for your reply!

I tried but did not succeed

I hve sent screenshots by email

ps i (just) sent it to support at drivehq 

6/21/2019 7:06:37 PM

I replied your email. Please note we are not familiar with Smart PSS. For better support, you might want to contact the DVR vendor (Dahua).

By looking at your screenshots, I guess the problem could be caused by:

(1) You need to configure "Motion Detect (Video Detect)" instead of "Alarm".   "Alarm" is different from motion detection. Alarm is triggered by a (physical) sensor. In your case, I think you need to configure video detect, unless your camera is connected with "alarms" or "motion / infrared sensors".

you probably need to configure: motion detection sensitivity, motion area, and action (upload video or image snapshots).

You need to select all channels for "Record Channel" or "Snapshot". (You can select both Record and Snapshot for testing; after you've finished testing, you can only upload video or image based on your service plan.)

(2) Schedules

You only set the schedule for “Regular”, which is “continuous recording”. If you do want continuous recording, then it is correct. 

If you want to set motion recording, then you need to click the gear icons and set MD (motion detection) schedules.

(3) FTP:

You might need to change the File Size from 388 MB to 5 or 10 MB; (we are not sure about the meaning, so you need to test it).

If you want to set continuous recording, you need to check the “Regular” checkboxes. 

6/22/2019 12:37:46 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not CameraFTP Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003