x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
CameraFTP Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 4680/6

I´ve spent 3 days trying to figure out how to stream my web cam to my website.  Even my eyes hurt. 

I don´t  want to record or time lapse or anything else, jus plaint live video on my wepage but all I managed to get is a photo every 5 mintes which is not even live and keeps looping.  I´ve watch all your video tuturials, forum pages and it is imposible to get what I paid for. 

Worst thing is that you don´t include an email to help us.

Marco

10/9/2023 11:57:49 AM

I forgot to mention about this"waiting for new data.." message

10/9/2023 12:05:11 PM

To stream a camera / webcam on your website, there are two ways:

(1) Upload your camera footage to the cloud, then stream the footage from the cloud. 

CameraFTP uses this method. The advantages are:

- It supports a lot of concurrent connections; (most IP cameras can only support 1 or few concurrent connections.)

- It does not require a lot of upload bandwidth on your camera end. (Most consumer Internet services are asymmetric, the upload bandwidth is much smaller than the download bandwidth).

- It supports both live view and playback.

- It is very secure as your camera is not accessed from the cloud. Your camera can be protected by your firewall/router. You don't need to open any ports, and you don't need a static IP / DDNS service.

Please visit this page for detailed info about how to publish your camera and embed it into your own web page:

https://www.cameraftp.com/camera/knowledgebase/howtoPublishCamera.aspx

(2) Directly stream the camera video without cloud recording. There are two options:

(a) If the camera supports RTSP, you can directly stream the RTSP video. But it has 4 disadvantages as mentioned above (i.e. the opposite of the above advantages).

(b) Use P2P based video streaming. It has the first 3 disadvantages mentioned above. However, CameraFTP cannot support it for regular IP cameras/DVRs. CameraFTP can support it if you use our software or mobile app based virtual security cameras (e.g. CameraFTP VSS, Mobile Security Camera, Webcam Security Camera). Please visit our software page. For these virtual security cameras, CameraFTP supports P2P based video streaming directly from your camera with or without cloud recording. However, we currently don't support it for public cameras.

---

Now back to Method 1: Upload your camera footage to the cloud, then stream the footage from the cloud. 

If you want to stream video, then you must order a video recording plan instead of image recording plan. If you want to stream video continuously, then you need to order a continuous video recording plan.

For many scenes, such as construction sites or parks, users may not need video streaming. They just want to display an image every few minutes. If so, image recording is better. 

Lastly, for cameras in a remote location with no high speed Internet connection, e.g. cameras that use 4G/3G connections, you can minimize the bandwidth usage by lowering the image upload frequency / video frame rate and bit rate. 

10/9/2023 1:09:04 PM

User: CameraFTPSupport  -  10/9/2023 1:09:04 PM

To stream a camera / webcam on your website, there are two ways:

(1) Upload your camera footage to the cloud, then stream the footage from the cloud. 

CameraFTP uses this method. The advantages are:

- It supports a lot of concurrent connections; (most IP cameras can only support 1 or few concurrent connections.)

- It does not require a lot of upload bandwidth on your camera end. (Most consumer Internet services are asymmetric, the upload bandwidth is much smaller than the download bandwidth).

- It supports both live view and playback.

- It is very secure as your camera is not accessed from the cloud. Your camera can be protected by your firewall/router. You don't need to open any ports, and you don't need a static IP / DDNS service.

Please visit this page for detailed info about how to publish your camera and embed it into your own web page:

https://www.cameraftp.com/camera/knowledgebase/howtoPublishCamera.aspx

(2) Directly stream the camera video without cloud recording. There are two options:

(a) If the camera supports RTSP, you can directly stream the RTSP video. But it has 4 disadvantages as mentioned above (i.e. the opposite of the above advantages).

(b) Use P2P based video streaming. It has the first 3 disadvantages mentioned above. However, CameraFTP cannot support it for regular IP cameras/DVRs. CameraFTP can support it if you use our software or mobile app based virtual security cameras (e.g. CameraFTP VSS, Mobile Security Camera, Webcam Security Camera). Please visit our software page. For these virtual security cameras, CameraFTP supports P2P based video streaming directly from your camera with or without cloud recording. However, we currently don't support it for public cameras.

---

Now back to Method 1: Upload your camera footage to the cloud, then stream the footage from the cloud. 

If you want to stream video, then you must order a video recording plan instead of image recording plan. If you want to stream video continuously, then you need to order a continuous video recording plan.

For many scenes, such as construction sites or parks, users may not need video streaming. They just want to display an image every few minutes. If so, image recording is better. 

Lastly, for cameras in a remote location with no high speed Internet connection, e.g. cameras that use 4G/3G connections, you can minimize the bandwidth usage by lowering the image upload frequency / video frame rate and bit rate. 

Can you please show me where do I find the continuous recording option?

10/9/2023 7:29:07 PM

When you order a subscription plan, the default plan is a "motion-triggered" recording plan. You just need to uncheck the checkbox "Record only when a motion is detected". It will usually double the cost. 

Please feel free to call or email us if you have more questions.

10/9/2023 9:50:53 PM

Sorry, but I can´t find the "motion-triggered" recording plan.

Ipc just shows me this 4 options:  IMAGE RECORDING PLANS-VIDEO RECORDING PLANS-TIME LAPSE RECORDING-VSS LOCAL RECORDING.  None of them take me to what you mention.

Never thought this would be so hard,  Even to upload an image is complicated. capture

10/10/2023 8:58:31 PM

I am not sure what you mean you cannot find the "motion-triggered" recording plan.

When you order a subscription, by default, it is a motion-triggered recording plan. You already ordered a motion recording plan. To order a continuous recording plan, it is very easy. If you start from the Pricing page, then follow the above screenshot. You can also order from the Subscribe page, please see this screenshot below: (Uncheck Motion Recording - then it will be continuous recording. If you still have any problems, please feel free to call or email us directly.

10/11/2023 1:24:57 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not CameraFTP Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003