x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 29084/4

I'm using DriveHQ Online Backup for some time. A couple of times this happened to me:

I notice DriveHQ Online Backup is not running. I start it manually, but then all the jobs I created on this computer are listed as <COMPUTER>.<jobname> and I cannot manually start them under Manage Tasks. I know there shouldn't be a computer name there for my local jobs.

I have to delete and recreate the job. However after some time the same happens again.

Any idea what could be the problem?

Kind regards,

Paul

2/27/2009 12:34:03 PM

This is strange. It could happen if the Computer ID file is deleted from your computer.

Are you using the latest version DriveHQ Online Backup Enterprise Edition 4.5? Do you log on the same Windows username?

2/27/2009 4:56:30 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  2/27/2009 4:56:30 PM

This is strange. It could happen if the Computer ID file is deleted from your computer.

Are you using the latest version DriveHQ Online Backup Enterprise Edition 4.5? Do you log on the same Windows username?

yes and yes

2/28/2009 12:50:31 AM

Hello,

Do you have any other suggestions? I am using the latest version, and I d log in as the same Windows user.

Appreciate your reaction.

Paul

3/5/2009 3:02:17 AM

User: vanoordt  -  3/5/2009 3:02:17 AM

Hello,

Do you have any other suggestions? I am using the latest version, and I d log in as the same Windows user.

Appreciate your reaction.

Paul

I am not sure why the computer info gets lost... it is very rare and we cannot duplicate the problem. If you could provide more info on how to duplicate the problem, that will be very helpful.

In the meantime, you can try to backup the PCInfo.dat file. which you can search your computer for this file. On Vista, it is usually in this folder:

C:\Users\WINDOWS_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DriveHQ\DriveHQ Online Backup\PCInfo.dat

if the problem happens again, you can quit DriveHQ Online Backup and restore this file to the original location. Please note you might have 2 PCInfo.dat files. If so, they should be the same file.

3/9/2009 1:50:38 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003