x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 26923/3
Hi everyone.
I downloaded the file manager application to do direct file storage on driveHQ.
I set up the username etc and everything was fine.
I decided to download the online backup application and see how it worked.
I was unable to register it with the same user name so I chose a different one and installed it.
What happened was that my file manager application adopted the second user name.
Even if I uninstall both applications and reinstall just the file manager application, it finds the second user name and I cannot set it up properly.
I suppose the windows registry has stored this.
I can use a browser to access my data.
By the way I couldn't get the online backup application to work with quick backup(I am using windows 7). Do the two desktop applications "clash"?
Am I asking the right questions??
Am I making any sense here??
Is there something I don't know?
Thanks to you all for your help.

9/15/2009 12:21:09 PM

>>> Hi everyone.
I downloaded the file manager application to do direct file storage on driveHQ.
I set up the username etc and everything was fine.
I decided to download the online backup application and see how it worked.
I was unable to register it with the same user name so I chose a different one and installed it.

>>>

This is wrong. You should use the same username / password for both DriveHQ FileManager and DriveHQ Online Backup. In fact, you should use the same username/password for all DriveHQ services.

>>> What happened was that my file manager application adopted the second user name.
Even if I uninstall both applications and reinstall just the file manager application, it finds the second user name and I cannot set it up properly.

>>>

You can log off (Disconnect) DriveHQ FileManager, then logon again. When logging on again, you can change your username / password.

I suppose the windows registry has stored this.
I can use a browser to access my data.
By the way I couldn't get the online backup application to work with quick backup(I am using windows 7).

DriveHQ Online Backup has a known bug on Windows 7. We already have a newer version, which will be released in just a couple more days.

Do the two desktop applications "clash"?

No. You can install all DriveHQ client software on the same PC without any problem.

Am I asking the right questions?? Am I making any sense here??

Yes.

Is there something I don't know?
Thanks to you all for your help.

9/16/2009 12:41:03 PM

By mistake, I typed "a" instead of "s" at the start of my User name.  I want to correct my User name, but can't see where to do so.

10/10/2010 12:42:57 AM

User: shortallerton  -  10/10/2010 12:42:57 AM

By mistake, I typed "a" instead of "s" at the start of my User name.  I want to correct my User name, but can't see where to do so.

You cannot change username yourself. However, DriveHQ customer support can help you. Please send an email to DriveHQ customer support. Please note a lot of popular user names have already been used by other users.

If you have a group account, then the group administrator or sub-group administrator can change sub-user's username using the Group Admin feature.

10/10/2010 1:53:03 AM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003