x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 31619/5

I get a "Permisiion denied"error when I try to overwrite a file with FTP.

log:
------------------------------------------------------------
TYPE I
200 Type set to I
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (66,220,9,50,18,118).
STOR /_Projects/3D-demo/bogendak/bogendak.c4d
550 Permission denied.
----------------------------------------------------------

Can this be fixed ?
Or am I doing something wrong ?

Regards,

Wilbert

8/19/2006 3:40:08 AM

Hi, were you uploading to your own folder, or to a shared folder by others?

If it's a folder shared by others, then you need to check with the folder owner if he had granted you the permission. You can also try to delete the file(s) from IE or DriveHQ FileManager 3.0. Please let us know if it happens again. You can also send emails to support@drivehq.com.

8/20/2006 12:12:01 AM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  8/20/2006 12:12:01 AM

If it's a folder shared by others, then you need to check with the folder owner if he had granted you the permission. You can also try to delete the file(s) from IE or DriveHQ FileManager 3.0. Please let us know if it happens again. You can also send emails to support@drivehq.com.

When using the upload function from the webinterface I too have problems overwriting files. It's my own storage directory so I should have permission, don't I ?

8/23/2006 5:39:46 AM

User: hrvisuals  -  8/23/2006 5:39:46 AM

When using the upload function from the webinterface I too have problems overwriting files. It's my own storage directory so I should have permission, don't I ?

Well, this is a design issue. Our designers believe files should not be overwritten without confirmation; and somehow they have not implemented confirmation on the web Interface. But anyway, you can easily delete the existing files before you upload again.

Another alternative is to use our DriveHQ FileManager 3.0. It is an incredibly good application, packed with lots of excellent features, incl: Drag&drop downloading huge amount of data reliably; compressed upload/download; folder encryption; folder synchronization, etc. Take a look at the thumbnails if you are not sure.

http://www.drivehq.com/downloads/downloads.aspx

8/23/2006 12:35:19 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  8/23/2006 12:35:19 PM

Well, this is a design issue. Our designers believe files should not be overwritten without confirmation; and somehow they have not implemented confirmation on the web Interface. But anyway, you can easily delete the existing files before you upload again.

Another alternative is to use our DriveHQ FileManager 3.0. It is an incredibly good application, packed with lots of excellent features, incl: Drag&drop downloading huge amount of data reliably; compressed upload/download; folder encryption; folder synchronization, etc. Take a look at the thumbnails if you are not sure.

"Well, this is a design issue. Our designers believe files should not be overwritten without confirmation; and somehow they have not implemented confirmation on the web Interface."

So...,that's a bug that's going to be fixed isn't it ?
;-)

"But anyway, you can easily delete the existing files before you upload again."

That's not very convenient.And if the access denied from the start of this thread has the same cause you don't want to hand-delete hundreds of files when updating your storage through FTP.

And you can't use Filemanager when you're on a company network and don't have the rights to install software as I sometimes am when working for clients at their office location.

8/23/2006 1:04:56 PM

User: hrvisuals  -  8/23/2006 1:04:56 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  8/23/2006 12:35:19 PM

"Well, this is a design issue. Our designers believe files should not be overwritten without confirmation; and somehow they have not implemented confirmation on the web Interface."

So...,that's a bug that's going to be fixed isn't it ?
;-)

"But anyway, you can easily delete the existing files before you upload again."

That's not very convenient.And if the access denied from the start of this thread has the same cause you don't want to hand-delete hundreds of files when updating your storage through FTP.

And you can't use Filemanager when you're on a company network and don't have the rights to install software as I sometimes am when working for clients at their office location.

Hi, all Client software (incl. FTP and DriveHQ FileManager) allows you to over-write all files without prompting every time.

You cannot realistically upload or download hundreds of files from the web Interface. If you have a lot of files, you've got to install our client software or FTP.

Your comments are nevertheless valid; our engineers will look at the problem and we will improve it.

8/23/2006 1:34:25 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003