x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 26321/3
Just wondering, what is the purpose, or intended usage, of folders wwwhome and public folder under mystorage, and also drivehqshare?  i just want to make sure i set this up properly.  do all my shared folders go under drivehqshare?  then what is publicfolder???  great interface but a little confusing in the nomenclature.

11/2/2006 5:46:20 AM

Just wondering, what is the purpose, or intended usage, of folders wwwhome and public folder under mystorage, and also drivehqshare?  i just want to make sure i set this up properly.  do all my shared folders go under drivehqshare?  then what is publicfolder???  great interface but a little confusing in the nomenclature.

The folder wwwhome is used if you want to publish a website on DriveHQ. While not our main business, we do have some users who publish website with us, e.g.: http://edith.drivehq.com/

DriveHQShare is a special virtual folder. You cannot delete this folder. When another DriveHQ member share a folder to you, the shared folder will be linked in this virtual folder. This way, no need to click on a share link, or logon with a share password.  You can simply logon your own account and access all folders shared to you by others from the same location.

PublicFolder is also a default folder for publishing files. By default, all files are secure and private, which means files cannot be accessed without logon; thus, files cannot be linked from other websites. If you are a true or paid user, you can publish a folder, thus files can be linked from other websites, such as eBay or MySpace, etc.

Please make sure you install DriveHQ FileManager, the best software for upload/download/manage/folder synchronization/Sharing/publishing.

11/2/2006 2:19:32 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  11/2/2006 2:19:32 PM

The folder wwwhome is used if you want to publish a website on DriveHQ. While not our main business, we do have some users who publish website with us, e.g.: http://edith.drivehq.com/

DriveHQShare is a special virtual folder. You cannot delete this folder. When another DriveHQ member share a folder to you, the shared folder will be linked in this virtual folder. This way, no need to click on a share link, or logon with a share password.  You can simply logon your own account and access all folders shared to you by others from the same location.

PublicFolder is also a default folder for publishing files. By default, all files are secure and private, which means files cannot be accessed without logon; thus, files cannot be linked from other websites. If you are a true or paid user, you can publish a folder, thus files can be linked from other websites, such as eBay or MySpace, etc.

Please make sure you install DriveHQ FileManager, the best software for upload/download/manage/folder synchronization/Sharing/publishing.

Thx for the reply.  I was just comparing services and was wondering if you could tell me what the key differences were between Drive HQ and, say, Xdrive or OmniDrive?  Unbiased of course!

11/2/2006 2:38:12 PM

User: li_office  -  11/2/2006 2:38:12 PM

User: DriveHQ Webmaster  -  11/2/2006 2:19:32 PM

Thx for the reply.  I was just comparing services and was wondering if you could tell me what the key differences were between Drive HQ and, say, Xdrive or OmniDrive?  Unbiased of course!

This is a very good question, but too big and I probably cannot answer everything in this message.

DriveHQ offers service to high-end users. By high-end, we don't mean it is hard. In fact, as you use our service, you will see our service is extremely easy to use. So by high-end, we mean we are offering service for those users who have a strong need for online storage, online sharing, online backup, online collaboration and FTP hosting services.

Our users are typically: professional photographers, small business owners, consultants, professional firms (accountants, doctors, laywers, etc) and home users with lots of digital media files.

DriveHQ offers the best client software among all online storage service providers. Our FileManager has all the advanced, high-end features for upload/download/sharing/publishing/collaboration service. It also has very advanced encryption,caching and folder synchronization features. Our WWWBackup can automatically backup your files in real-time or shceduled mode. It can keep version history of your files. Please make sure to try these applications.

DriveHQ also offers the best FTP hosting service, ftp.drivehq.com. It is fully integrated with our online storage system. Combined with our Group Account service, it can save small companies thousands of dollars.

In short, DriveHQ offers 5 times more and better features than other websites. The basic service is free, so please feel free to try our service/ software.

11/3/2006 4:59:20 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003