x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 24217/1

I want to be able to pick and choose whick of my documents are visable to others. For example, in my 2013 folder I would like to post documents for group view; but others I would like to post in the same fulder just as back-up.

When I go to the document I uploaded that I want to delete in the shared folder, the delete option is disabled.  I can only delete it completely from my main folder.

If I want to mke any documents private I have to choose the Group option "Sub-users cannot see Drive HQ Share". But if I do that none of the folders are viewable to the subgroups.

I don't have time to read a 300 page user manual and nothing showed up in searches in this forum about how to make a document private. Can you please advise?

7/9/2013 4:38:08 PM

Thank you for using our service.

About the 200-page manual, you don't need to read all of them. Just pick the sections that apply to your needs. For example, you can read the Section 4 about sharing a folder, and read the section 6 about Group Account service. Most of these pages are screenshots only, so it does not take a long time to read. ( I still recommend reading it. )

>>> About how to make a document private.

By default, each user has his own private My Storage root folder. Files in your "My Storage" are private to you and other users cannot see them. So to make a document private, you really don't need to do anything as it is automatically private.

Now you can create multiple folders in your "My Storage", e.g. you can create two folders: Folder1 and Folder2 in your "My Storage". You can share Folder1 to your group or to other users. Other users can access Folder1, but they cannot see / access Folder2.

You can share different folders to different users with different permissions. Other people can only see the folder(s) you shared to them.

If you want to edit an existing share, or delete (stop) a share, you can go to Manage My Share page. From DriveHQ.com website, you just need to go to My Storage, then click on the Shares tab to edit the existing shares. From DriveHQ FileManager client software, you can click on Tools, then select Manage My Shares.

7/9/2013 4:58:17 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003