x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
Forum Index \ DriveHQ Customer Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 37007/3

Hi.

Until recently, DriveHQ FTP has been working almost perfectly with my Visual Basic program, which uses FTP. But now, I get a 421 error saying that the service is not available and that the remote server closed connection. Since the program uses a login/logout system with FTP, I login from one computer and it works fine, but the second computer won't login. I do NOT have paid service but once one logs in, the FTP transfer finishes and connection closes, allowing another connection to access my online files. They are not connecting at the same time, and still the second gets an error. Regardless, 1+1=just 2 connections, so free service should support this anyway. It USED to work. I'd appreciate some help on this topic, thanks.

7/22/2014 8:51:28 AM

The free FTP hosting service is designed for personal and casual use only. A typical free usage scenario is a user use an FTP client such as FileZilla to upload / download some files. The free service is limited to 25 logons per day, 2 concurrent connections. 

If you use the service for business, or if you use any automatic software / scripts, then you need to order a subscription, which starts at only $1.99/month.

-------

To trouble shoot your problem, please stop your scripts and wait for 1 hour, then use FileZilla to logon ftp.drivehq.com. Most likely it will work fine. If not, please email us the FTP log / error message.

7/22/2014 2:25:52 PM

User: DriveHQSupport  -  7/22/2014 2:25:52 PM

The free FTP hosting service is designed for personal and casual use only. A typical free usage scenario is a user use an FTP client such as FileZilla to upload / download some files. The free service is limited to 25 logons per day, 2 concurrent connections. 

If you use the service for business, or if you use any automatic software / scripts, then you need to order a subscription, which starts at only $1.99/month.

-------

To trouble shoot your problem, please stop your scripts and wait for 1 hour, then use FileZilla to logon ftp.drivehq.com. Most likely it will work fine. If not, please email us the FTP log / error message.

I understand that there is a paid service for more than two connections, but if I'm using just two, why is this error happening? Just to add, the error fixed itself shortly after I posted my question and after about 20 minutes it wouldn't work anymore.

7/22/2014 3:09:44 PM

User: Bgeo99  -  7/22/2014 3:09:44 PM

User: DriveHQSupport  -  7/22/2014 2:25:52 PM

-------

I understand that there is a paid service for more than two connections, but if I'm using just two, why is this error happening? Just to add, the error fixed itself shortly after I posted my question and after about 20 minutes it wouldn't work anymore.

It sounds as though you have a tool/client that is not fully logging you off, leaving you with a second connection, hence blocking you from signing on. Please attempt to logon using a different tool(s).
If you are having continued difficulties, please email support@drivehq.com

7/22/2014 3:37:58 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not DriveHQ Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003