x
Yes No
Do you want to visit DriveHQ English website?
CameraFTP Support Forum \
Read/Reply : 58753/7

You can delete images, folders and cameras now without compromising your recorded image security.

CameraFTP is designed to be extremely secure. You cannot delete cameras, folders or images from your account by default. This is in case an intruder takes your camera, and if he is technically savvy, he might be able to hack your FTP username and password (assuming your camera automatically logs on the FTP server using your username and password).

Now if an intruder took your camera and hacked your FTP username and password, so he can log on www.cameraftp.com website using your username and password, he still cannot delete your images, folders or cameras.  When you log on www.cameraftp.com website, the delete function is not available. Images will only be deleted by the system based on your retention days.

Now, we have just added a new feature "Camera Admin logon". After you log on www.cameraftp.com website, click on "My Cameras", you can see a link named: "Log on as Camera Admin"  Click on it, and it will ask you to enter your "Secure Password".  ( A secure password is just another password. By default, it is the same as your regular password. You can change your secure password to be different from your regular password. The same secure password is also required when you transfer your cash balance to another user.)

After you log on as a Camera Admin, you can go back to "My Cameras" page, move your mouse over the Action button (next to the Play button), you will see the Delete option.

10/26/2012 2:36:29 PM

I have 30 pages of images that i want to delete, is there anyway to delete bulk images on your site?

3/26/2013 1:02:57 PM

User: jgambill  -  3/26/2013 1:02:57 PM

I have 30 pages of images that i want to delete, is there anyway to delete bulk images on your site?

I have the same question... how do you bulk delete 75 pages of files. I can only find that you can do it, one file at a time!! 

4/25/2013 11:22:17 AM

Sorry for taking so long. We are releasing two new features for that. 

(1) The first feature is: "batch delete files from a web browser". For best security, you need to log on www.cameraftp.com first, then from the Camera List page, click on "Logon As Camera Admin". You need to enter your secure password to logon as your camera admin. 

Once you have successfully logged on as your camera admin, you can click on the "Open Camera Folder" icon at the bottom of the camera's thumbnail. It will go to the "Show Folder" page. From there, you can see a list of zip files. Note CameraFTP buffers uploaded data for 1 minute, then saves the data into a zip file. You can select multiple files and click on the Delete button to delete them in batch.

(2) The second feature is: Log on the FTP server as your camera admin. By default, you can download your recorded files using any FTP client software; however, you cannot delete any files. (The files will be deleted automatically based on your retention days.) This makes your recorded data extremely secure.

Now you can log on FTP.cameraftp.com as your camera admin. You just need to log on the FTP server with your username and secure password. Please make sure your password and the secure password are not the same. When you sign up an account on CameraFTP.com, by default, the secure password is the same as your password. You must change your secure password before you can log on the FTP server as your camera admin.

Once you have logged on the FTP server as your camera admin, you can easily delete your files in batch. 

You can use any FTP client software, e.g. FileZilla, which is free. 

https://filezilla-project.org/download.php

5/3/2013 2:30:54 AM

User: CameraFTPSupport  -  5/3/2013 2:30:54 AM

(1) The first feature is: "batch delete files from a web browser". For best security, you need to log on www.cameraftp.com first, then from the Camera List page, click on "Logon As Camera Admin". You need to enter your secure password to logon as your camera admin. 

Once you have successfully logged on as your camera admin, you can click on the "Open Camera Folder" icon at the bottom of the camera's thumbnail. It will go to the "Show Folder" page. From there, you can see a list of zip files. Note CameraFTP buffers uploaded data for 1 minute, then saves the data into a zip file. You can select multiple files and click on the Delete button to delete them in batch.

(2) The second feature is: Log on the FTP server as your camera admin. By default, you can download your recorded files using any FTP client software; however, you cannot delete any files. (The files will be deleted automatically based on your retention days.) This makes your recorded data extremely secure.

Now you can log on FTP.cameraftp.com as your camera admin. You just need to log on the FTP server with your username and secure password. Please make sure your password and the secure password are not the same. When you sign up an account on CameraFTP.com, by default, the secure password is the same as your password. You must change your secure password before you can log on the FTP server as your camera admin.

Once you have logged on the FTP server as your camera admin, you can easily delete your files in batch. 

Hello,

If you can't do this simple task I am leaving your service, spending an hour deleteing ONE PAGE AT A TIME is stupid. Why have you not answered any of these post on your web site? same complaint over and over and over!

-W

7/25/2013 6:51:05 AM

User: WayneNero  -  7/25/2013 6:51:05 AM

Hello,

If you can't do this simple task I am leaving your service, spending an hour deleteing ONE PAGE AT A TIME is stupid. Why have you not answered any of these post on your web site? same complaint over and over and over!

-W

Use Filezilla FTP client, free to download.

Change your secure password on this site for camera admin to be something different than the default password.

Then, login to ftp.cameraftp.com port 21

use your login name and the secure password

You should see the folders and be able to delete them, or double click them to get to the files and delete those.

Hope this helps.  Took me a while to figure it out too, but I just did it and it works.

You can select as many to delete as you want, and just hit the delete key.

You will see it scrolling and showing it is deleting. 

If you get a 550 message, change the secure password.  I got that on the first try, change the secure password and it worked.

8/12/2013 6:43:01 PM

I created a secure password and can now log in as a camera administrator from the web interface.

However using Filezilla, I get the following diagnostics

Commande :    USER rennes
Réponse :    331 User name ok, need password.
Commande :    PASS ************
Réponse :    530 Not logged on, user or password incorrect!

This error occurs using either the normal or secure password

Any suggestiosn

6/21/2014 1:02:13 AM

I forget my secure password. How do I ask for a new one. No option on the tool which can regenerate the secure password.

11/5/2014 11:44:50 PM

Quickly Reply

Please logon and reply, Not CameraFTP Member?

Leading Cloud Surveillance service

Leading Enterprise Cloud IT Service Since 2003